This easy cilantro lime aioli is a quick, simple and delicious dip recipe, perfect to serve with burgers or wedges.
Why you'll love it
- Only 4 ingredients needed
- Quick and easy dip recipe
- Perfect to serve with burgers, potato wedges and more
- Kid friendly with mild flavors
Mayonnaise: Use your favorite mayonnaise. Regular mayo, light mayonnaise or even vegan mayonnaise will work well.
Garlic: Garlic is essential to make aioli. Optionally, you can use garlic puree, or a garlic flavored mayonnaise.
Lime: Lime zest and lime juice gives the dip a lot of flavor.
Cilantro: This herb pairs perfectly with lime, and makes such a difference in this recipe.
This recipe could not be easier to make!
Simply combine lime juice, mayonnaise, grated or pureed garlic and finely chopped cilantro in a bowl.
If you want to make a smooth dip, you can use an immersion blender, blender or food processor to blend the cilantro leaves into the dip. This is a great option if you're cooking for someone who doesn't like chunks or pieces in their food.
- Chicken: Cajun Chicken Wings, BBQ Baked Chicken Wings, Air Fryer Drumsticks
- Potatoes: Air Fryer Potato Wedges, Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges, Spiralized Potatoes, Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Other: Air Fryer Halloumi Fries, Air Fryer Rutabaga Fries, Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
Smooth aioli: I like to leave small pieces of cilantro in my lime mayonnaise dip, but you can make it completely smooth by blending the aioli in a food processor or blender. This will also give the dip a lovely light green color.
Without cilantro: If cilantro isn't your thing, you can also make an amazing lime aioli without added cilantro. It will be just as nice!
Vegan aioli: For a vegan sauce, make sure to use vegan mayonnaise. You can find this is most major supermarkets.
Store leftovers in a sealed container in a refrigerator for up to 4 days. The sauce should not be frozen or heated, as this can alter its consistency.
This is a great way to meal prep an all-in-one dip, dressing and sauce. I like to make a batch of aioli, and use it in several meals throughout the week.
Frequently asked questions
Aioli is a garlic flavored sauce, and all aioli includes garlic. Garlic aioli and aioli is the same thing, although mentioning garlic in the name is a little redundant.
No. True aioli is made by combining olive oil and garlic. Aioli has a consistency similar to mayonnaise, and to simplify the recipe you can therefore use mayonnaise with added garlic instead.
You might also like these recipes
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Cranberry Aioli
- Pesto Aioli
- Bacon Aioli
- Sriracha Aioli
- Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing
- Yogurt Dill Sauce
Cilantro Lime Aioli
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 lime (zest + juice)
- Grate, puree or very finely chop the garlic and cilantro. Add to a mixing bowl.
- Add the zest and juice from a lime to the mixing bowl, along with mayonnaise.
- Stir to combine all ingredients. Add more lime to taste if needed.
- Store in a refrigerator for up to 4 days.