This creamy avocado lime ranch dressing is easy to make, and a flavorful alternative to regular ranch. Use it as a salad dressing, in sandwiches, on tacos, and more!
This Chick Fil A copycat avocado lime ranch dressing tastes just like the original, and you can make it at home in a matter of minutes using common ingredients.
To make this creamy sauce, you will need avocado, mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic, lime, dried dill, dried parsley, dried chives, salt, pepper and onion powder.
For a lighter version, you can substitute the mayonnaise and sour cream with Greek yogurt. See the Variations section below for more information!
💡 TIP! You can replace the herbs and seasoning with a few teaspoons of ranch seasoning.
- Blend all chunks: Blend the avocado and garlic with an immersion blender, a regular blender or food processor. Make sure that the garlic is blended perfectly smooth to avoid chunks of raw garlic in your dressing.
- Combine the ingredients: Add all remaining ingredients to the avocado, and blend or stir to combine.
- Use or store the dressing: Use the dressing immediately, or store it in a sealed container in a refrigerator.
💡 TIP! Don't have a blender? Mash the avocado with a fork, and use garlic paste instead of raw garlic.
- Make sure that the garlic is blended smooth. You definitely want to avoid any chunks of raw garlic in your dressing!
- The lime juice is essential, as it prevents the avocado from turning brown. Do not omit it!
- You can make this using an immersion blender, a stand blender or a food processor. Choose your favorite.
Serve this as a salad dressing, sauce or condiment along with your favorite dishes. I particularly love to pair it with Mexican and Tex Mex recipes. Here are some of my favorite options:
- Avocado Chicken Wraps - Add some avocado lime ranch dressing on these amazing avocado chicken wraps.
- Black Bean Corn Salad - This sauce is the perfect creamy dressing to use on this salad.
- Hawaiian Chicken Salad - Any chicken salad is better with a creamy avocado dressing.
- Potato Tacos - Serve tacos with avocado lime ranch instead of guacamole.
- Ground Turkey Enchiladas - These enchiladas pairs beautifully with the sauce.
- Chili Lime Rice - Rice with a creamy dressing? Trust me, it's delicious!
- Air Fryer Hamburgers - This sauce goes really well on any hamburger.
Lighter version: Substitute some or all of the sour cream and mayonnaise with Greek yogurt. This will change the flavor of the dressing, but it will be just as creamy and absolutely delicious.
Sour dressing: Double up on the lime juice if you prefer a slightly sour ranch dressing. I love the flavor of lime!
Dairy free: For a dairy free version, make sure to use dairy free or vegan sour cream and mayonnaise. You can find these in all major supermarkets.
Leftover avocado ranch dip can be stored in a sealed container in a refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Whenever I make this recipe, I like to use it for multiple meals through the week. Add it to wraps and sandwiches, serve it on any meat entree, as a salad dressing, or even as a healthy dip.
Frequently asked questions
This dressing, like any dressing, can be enjoyed as a part of a healthy diet. However, the dressing contains a fair amount of fat from the mayonnaise, and should therefore only be consumed in moderation.
Absolutely. Lemon has a slightly different flavor to the lime, but the effect is similar.
You might also like these recipes
- Yogurt Dill Sauce
- Pesto Vinaigrette
- Lemon Pepper Vinaigrette
- Authentic Tzatziki Sauce
- Healthy Homemade Ranch Dip
- Egg Salad with Avocado
If you make this recipe, make sure to post a photo to Instagram with #hintofhealthy!
Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lime (juice only)
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried chives
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Blend the avocado and garlic with an immersion blender, stand blender or food processor. Make sure that the garlic is blended perfectly smooth to avoid chunks of raw garlic in your dressing.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the avocado, and blend or stir to combine.
- Use the dressing immediately, or store it in a sealed container in a refrigerator.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in a refrigerator for up to 7 days.
- Make sure to blend the garlic thoroughly to avoid raw chunks of garlic. Alternatively, use garlic paste.
This Recipe was the best I have ever had Delicious !!! Thanks For Sharing !!!