This creamy strawberry banana almond milk smoothie is perfect served with breakfast, or a refreshing beverage. With only 3 ingredients, it's really simple to make, and it tastes fantastic!
I absolutely love a good smoothie, especially in the summer and on hot days. If you do too, you might want to check out my collection of healthy smoothie recipes.
This is a favorite recipe of mine, because it's so colorful, naturally sweet and incredibly refreshing. As it's quite low in calories, it's best suited as a snack or a drink, rather than it being served as a meal for breakfast.
All you need for this recipe is strawberries, frozen bananas and almond milk.
I highly recommend using frozen bananas over fresh bananas. They will make the smoothie extra creamy and chilled. However, fresh bananas can be used if that's all you have.
You can also replace the almond milk with any milk of your choice. Oat milk, coconut milk, soy milk and cow's milk will all work perfectly fine.
Smoothies are always so easy to make, and this one is no exception! Remove the green tops of the strawberries, and add them to a blender along with the frozen bananas and almond milk. Blend for about a minute, or until you reach a smooth consistency.
Serve the smoothie immediately, and garnish with some fresh strawberries, flaked almonds or banana slices if you wish.
💭 Top tips
Here are my top tips for making the best strawberry banana smoothie:
- Frozen bananas are definitely better than fresh bananas. Check out my easy guide on how to freeze bananas!
- If possible, serve the smoothie immediately. Although it can technically be stored in a refrigerator, it usually tastes best right after it's made.
- You can add any other fruit to the smoothie if you wish. Try adding raspberries, mango, spinach or apple for a change.
🥗 Serving suggestions
Serve this smoothie as part of a healthy breakfast, or as a refreshing drink. As this smoothie recipe is quite lean, it's not very filling on its own and is best suited to be served as a beverage, rather than a stand alone meal.
Strawberry banana almond milk smoothie tastes great with potato pancakes, barley porridge, and apple pie baked oatmeal.
Leftover smoothie can be stored in a refrigerator for up to 2 days. The smoothie might separate over time. This is perfectly normal, and if it happens, you simply have to stir to shake it until it blends again.
If you make a larger batch, you can store the smoothie in shakers, bottles or mason jars in the fridge for easy future meals.
🍴 You might also like these recipes..
If you love healthy smoothie recipes, you should try any of these:
📋 Frequently asked questions
Strawberry smoothies are good for you because they are rich is vitamins and fiber. They are perfect for getting 1 of your 5 a day, which is great if you struggle to eat enough fruit. However, this smoothie should not replace regular meals.
You can use any milk that you like in this smoothie, however I think that almond milk works really well. Some other great options are oat milk and coconut milk.
Strawberry Banana Almond Milk Smoothie
- 1 ½ cup strawberries (220 g)
- ½ cup almond milk (120 ml)
- 2 frozen bananas
- Remove the green tops of the strawberries, and add them to a blender along with the frozen bananas and almond milk.
- Blend for about a minute, or until you reach a smooth consistency.
- Serve the smoothie immediately, and garnish with some fresh strawberries, flaked almonds or banana slices if you wish.
Lovely smoothie. Really easy too.