This refreshing blueberry apple smoothie is a healthy and delicious drink packed with nutrients and lovely flavors. A great way to jumpstart your day!
If you haven't yet been affected by a smoothie obsession, it's about time! Smoothies are excellent as a healthy beverage, and they are often filling enough to consume as light meals.
I have previously shared my favorite pineapple grapefruit smoothie, strawberry banana almond milk smoothie and peanut butter banana smoothie bowls, both of which are popular summer breakfasts in my house.
Here are my favorite reasons to drink smoothies:
- They only take a few minutes to make.
- They are healthy and contain plenty of vitamins and minerals.
- The natural sweetness from the fruit and berries make them taste amazing.
- As they are chilled, they are very refreshing and an excellent way to hydrate in the summer heat.
All you need to make this delicious blueberry apple smoothie is just 3 ingredients: frozen blueberries, apples, and almond milk (or any other milk).
You can make the smoothie with fresh blueberries instead, but I prefer to use frozen berries. They make sure that the smoothie is chilled, and give it a thicker texture than fresh blueberries would.
🔪 How to make blueberry apple smoothie
Smoothies are really easy to make! Here is how you do it:
Blend until you have a smooth drink. Depending on how efficient your blender is, you might have to stop it and push the fruit down using a spoon to get the mixture perfectly smooth.
Add to glasses, and serve the blueberry apple smoothie immediately!
💭 Top tips
Here are my top tips to make the BEST blueberry apple smoothie:
- Use frozen blueberries for the best thick, creamy texture, and to keep the smoothie chilled.
- If you want a more liquid smoothie, you can add more milk. If you want a thicker smoothie, you can use less milk.
- Use your favorite apples! I typically use Granny Smith apples, but any type will work perfectly fine. Red apples typically have a milder flavor than green apples.
🍲 Storing leftover smoothie
Smoothies taste best immediately after making them. They can be stored in the fridge for up to a few hours before serving them.
If you have any leftovers, you can freeze the smoothie in popsicle molds for some homemade icy treats!
🍴 You might also like these recipes..
If you love refreshing chilled drinks, you should try any of these recipes:
📋 Frequently asked questions
Can I add any other ingredients? - Absolutely! I love adding some frozen blueberries, a handful of spinach or some other berries as a
Can I made blueberry smoothie without apples? - Yes. You can omit the apples, or replace then with bananas if you wish.
Is this recipe suitable for my dietary requirements? - This recipe is suitable for most diets. It's gluten free, egg free, dairy free, soy free, nut free and vegan. It's also suitable for slimming world, weight watchers and other diets such as paleo and whole 30.
Blueberry Apple Smoothie
- 4 cup frozen blueberries
- 4 apples
- 2 cup almond milk
- Remove the cores from the apples, dice them and add to a blender along with the frozen blueberries and milk.
- Blend until you have a smooth drink. Depending on how efficient your blender is, you might have to stop it and push the fruit down using a spoon to get the mixture perfectly smooth.
- Add to glasses, and serve the blueberry apple smoothie immediately!