This simple mint iced tea is a healthy, refreshing beverage perfect for summer. Green tea is steeped with fresh mint and lemon juice, creating a light drink suitable for kids and adults.
To make mint iced tea, you will need green tea, fresh mint leaves, lemon and water.
You can also make this recipe with mint tea bags instead of using green tea. This will enhance the minty flavor even more.
Optionally, you can also add a sweetener if you like sweet iced tea. Use a tablespoon of sugar, coconut sugar, honey, agave syrup or other sweetener.
Boil the water in a pot, saucepan or kettle. Add the boiling water to a bowl or jug.
Steep the teabags in the water for 5-7 minutes. Remove the teabags, and add the fresh mint and lemon slices.
Optionally, add some sweetener like sugar, honey, agave syrup or coconut sugar.
Allow the tea to cool down, then transfer it to a fridge. Leave it to chill completely for at least 5 hours, or overnight.
Serve mint iced tea with fresh mint, lemon slices and ice cubes.
💭 Top tips
Here’s my best advice to make perfect iced tea:
- There are many ways to customize this recipe to suit your preferences. You can add any other flavorings while the tea is still hot. Consider adding fresh lavender or rose petals, a sweetener or fresh berries.
- Although this recipe calls for green tea bags, you can use other types of tea as well. Chamomile, mint or lemon tea would all taste great as a minty ice tea.
🥗 Serving suggestions
This recipe makes about 4 glasses of ice tea. You can multiply the recipe to make a larger batch if needed. Serve it as a refreshing beverage on hot summer days, as a part of a meal, or add it to a large drink dispenser to serve at garden parties or BBQs.
Leftover iced tea can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. If stored with mint leaves added, the mint flavor will become stronger over time.
You can also freeze leftovers in ice cube trays to make minty ice cubes. These can be added to fruit punch, ice tea or other drinks in the summer.
🍴 You might also like these recipes..
If you’re looking for more refreshing beverages, try any of these recipes:
📋 Frequently asked questions
Is this recipe allergy friendly? – Yes. This recipe should be free of most allergens. Always check the nutrition labels of the ingredients you use to ensure that they comply with your dietary needs.
Is this iced tea vegan? – Absolutely. This recipe is naturally vegan, as long as you don’t add any honey or non-vegan sweeteners.
Does green tea contain caffeine? – Yes. Green tea contains a small amount of caffeine. The amount is much smaller compared to black teas. This recipe is therefore not suitable if you are completely avoiding all forms of caffeine.
Mint Iced Tea
- 1 l boiling water
- 1-2 green tea bags
- 5 sprigs fresh mint
- ½ lemon, sliced
- Boil the water in a pot, saucepan or kettle. Add the boiling water to a bowl or jug.
- Steep the teabags in the water for 5-7 minutes. Remove the teabags, and add the fresh mint and lemon slices.
- Optionally, add some sweetener like sugar, honey, agave syrup or coconut sugar.
- Allow the tea to cool down, then transfer it to a fridge. Leave it to cool down completely for at least 5 hours, or overnight.
- Serve mint iced tea with fresh mint, lemon slices and ice cubes.