Make the perfect burger with this spicy burger sauce. This easy recipe only takes 5 minutes to prepare, and the sauce stores well for up to a week.
A good burger deserves a great burger sauce! This burger sauce is creamy, thick and delicious, but incredibly simple to make. I love to serve it over my favorite Crispy Chicken Burger, or Pork Apple Burgers!
This easy burger sauce recipe can be made in only 5 minutes using pantry staples and other condiments. It's perfect for quick and easy dinners, or you can make a double batch and use the sauce for multiple dishes over the following weeks.
Why you'll love it
- Easy to make
- Customize it to suit your preferences
- Tastes fantastic
- Pairs well with any burger
- Stores well for two weeks in a fridge
- Gluten free, with vegan, dairy free and egg free options
Mayonnaise: The creamy base of the sauce. See alternatives in the Variations section below.
Pickles: Diced pickled cucumbers give the sauce a little bite. You can omit these if you prefer.
Salt + pepper: Bring out the flavors in the sauce.
Mustard: I like Dijon mustard, but regular yellow mustard also works great.
Ketchup: Adds a lovely tang to the sauce.
Sriracha: Brings the spice! Adjust the amount to make the sauce as spicy as you want it.
You can find full instructions + ingredient measurements in the recipe card at the bottom of this page
One: Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl.
Two: Mix them together to incorporate the ingredients evenly. Add more seasoning or sriracha to taste. Serve the sauce immediately, or transfer to a container for storage.
- Feel free to adjust the amount of each ingredient to suit your preferences.
- Increase or reduce the amount of sriracha to adjust the spice level.
- For extra heat, you can use a hot sauce with more spice.
- Make the sauce ahead, as it stores well for up to 2 weeks.
- Omit the diced pickles if you don't like them. Alternatively, puree the sauce in a food processor or blender to add the pickle flavor, but without chunks.
This easy sriracha burger sauce tastes great on any burgers. It's also fantastic as a dipping sauce for chicken wings or meat. Here are some of my favorite recipes to pair it with:
- Crispy Chicken Burger
- Spicy Beef Burger
- Pork and Apple Burgers
- Halloumi Burgers
- Baked Turkey Burgers
- Air Fryer Hamburgers
- Honey Sriracha Wings
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings
Egg free, dairy free and vegan: Make sure that you use a mayonnaise that's suitable for your dietary requirements.
Lighter version / low calorie: Use light mayonnaise, or swap the mayo for Greek yogurt instead. Both versions taste amazing!
More or less spice: Adjust the amount of sriracha to suit your preferences. For a really spicy sauce, you can use a spicier hot sauce, chili paste or chili powder.
Store your spicy burger sauce in a sealed container in a refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. This is a fantastic condiment to make ahead, and you can use it for multiple meals if you wish.
The sauce does not keep well in room temperature, as it contains mayonnaise. I also don't recommend freezing it.
Frequently asked questions
Burger sauce is typically made with mayonnaise and ketchup, with other condiments or ingredients mixed in.
The best sauces to serve with burgers include burger sauce, blue cheese sauce, ketchup or tzatziki.
The easiest ways to add flavor to a burger is to add flavorful toppings! A good burger sauce, vegetables, cheese and condiments can completely change how a burger tastes.
You might also like these recipes
Spicy Burger Sauce
- Dice the pickles into small pieces, and add them to a mixing bowl.
- Add the other ingredients to a bowl, and stir until they are all incorporated.
- Add more sriracha if you want to make the sauce extra spicy.
- Transfer to a container, and store it in a refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Store the sauce in a sealed container in a refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Serve with burgers, or as a dipping sauce.
- Adjust the amount of spice by adding more or less sriracha.
- Use a vegan mayonnaise to make the sauce vegan, egg free and dairy free.