This air fryer corn on the cob is the best way to roast perfect corn indoors. Roasted ears of corn is a delicious vegetable side dish, and with this method it's easier to make than ever.
Corn on the cob is a popular side to serve with BBQ meals or meat, and it's really easy to cook in your air fryer. With this method you can have perfect roasted cobs of corn ready in under 20 minutes, and with minimal cleaning up.
Why you'll love it
- Easy roasted corn on the cob
- More convenient than using an oven or grill
- Made in less than 20 minutes
- Works with oil or butter
- Vegan version available
- Delicious vegetable side dish
- The best way to cook fresh corn on the cob
🍴 More AIR FRYER RECIPES from Hint of Healthy
Corn on the cob: Use fresh corn on the cob for the best results. They taste far better when picked and cooked during corn season in the summer.
Salt: Seasoning is optional, but gives the corn great flavor.
Olive oil or butter: Makes the corn juicy and buttery, and prevents it from drying out. Butter is traditionally used, but olive oil is an excellent alternative!
You can find full instructions + ingredient measurements in the recipe card at the bottom of this page
One: Cut the ends of the cobs off if needed to make them fit in your air fryer basket.
Two: Brush olive oil on the cobs, and sprinkle with salt.
Three: Air fry at 360 F / 180 C for about 15 minutes, or until the corn is roasted to your liking. Shake the basket to flip the cobs halfway through cooking.
Four: Serve, optionally garnished with parsley and butter.
- If you don't have a pastry brush, you can also use olive oil spray. Using a spray makes it easier to distribute the oil evenly onto the corn.
- If you use fresh corn with husks, you will have to remove the husks before cooking.
- You might prefer your corn more or less toasted. Keep an eye on the cobs, and remove them from the air fryer when they are cooked to your liking.
- To allow the butter to melt, you should place it on the cobs while they are warm.
- If you're cooking multiple cobs, I recommend cooking them in several batches, rather than stacking them on top of each other. This ensures an even cooking result.
🍴 More AIR FRYER RECIPES from Hint of Healthy
Air fried corn on the cob is best served as a side dish for lunch or dinner. Pair it with your favorite entree. You can also cut the corn off the cobs, and use it in a suitable recipe, like Black Bean Corn Salad.
Here are some mains I recommend pairing with corn:
- Air Fryer Steak
- Roast Topside of Beef
- Oven Baked Turkey Meatballs
- Halloumi Burgers
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken
Cheesy corn: Garnish with Parmesan cheese before serving.
Chili lime corn: Add chili powder, or red pepper flakes to the corn, and squeeze some lime juice over the top. This can be added before or after cooking.
Vegan corn on the cob: Make sure to use a vegan butter substitute, or omit the butter completely.
Roasted corn on the cob definitely tastes best when served immediately, but you can store leftovers in a refrigerator for up to 3 days.
You can store the leftover cobs whole, and serve them cold or reheat them in a microwave or air fryer. Alternatively, you can cut the corn off of the cobs, and use it in other dishes and recipes, like salads, soups or casseroles.
Frequently asked questions
Absolutely! Air fry frozen corn on the cob at 360 F / 180 C for about 15-20 minutes, or until the corn is roasted to your liking.
No. Popcorn is different from sweetcorn, and regular corn on the cob will not pop.
Cutting the cobs can be tricky. I recommend carefully using a sharp knife.
You might also like these recipes
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Air Fryer Kale Chips
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Air Fryer Eggplant
- Air Fryer Carrots
If you make this recipe, make sure to post a photo to Instagram with #hintofhealthy!
Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- Cut the ends of the cobs off if needed to make them fit in your air fryer basket.
- Brush olive oil on the ears of corn, and sprinkle with salt.
- Air fry at 360 F / 180 C for about 15 minutes, or until the corn is roasted to your liking. Shake the basket to flip the cobs halfway through cooking.
- Serve, optionally garnished with parsley and butter.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in a refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can remove the corn from the ears, and use it in several dishes like salads or soups.
- Garnish with butter immediately to allow it to melt over the warm corn.
- If you're cooking several ears of corn, I recommend cooking them in batches. Avoid stacking them over each other, as they won't cook as evenly.
Leave a comment