After making air fryer bacon, you will never cook bacon any other way. This easy recipe will have your crispy bacon done in only 3 minutes!
This method workd for any type of bacon. In this recipe we use thin, streaky bacon, but you can also repeat the process if you use thick bacon rashers or back bacon pieces. Thicker cuts might need to be air fried for longer.
Preheat the air fryer to 200°C/390°F.
Place raw bacon in your air fryer, side by side to allow them to cook evenly.
Air fry for 3-5 minutes, depending on how crispy you want the bacon.
🥓 Why you should cook bacon in your air fryer
Honestly, preparing bacon in your air fryer is a lot easier than any other method. Here are my top reasons why this should be your go-to bacon method:
- Easy clean-up - all the bacon grease will be stored in the air fryer, which can be cleaned in the dish washer.
- It's safe - no dangerous bacon grease spluttering up your arms, and no hot stove tops.
- It's quick - Perfect crispy bacon in 3 minutes? Yes please!
- No extra oil needed, and the bacon won't stick to the air fryer surface.
🥗 Serving suggestions
Bacon is so versatile, and has many uses. Add it to sandwiches or burritos, serve a few slices with your breakfast, or crumble it over salads, casseroles or soups for a savory crunch.
Here are some of my favorite recipes including crispy bacon:
- Bacon and lentil soup
- Roasted brussels sprouts with bacon and maple syrup
- Broccoli and bacon salad
- Pasta salad with roasted brussels sprouts and bacon
Leftover air fryer bacon can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days, however it tastes best when served immediately. If you wish to store it, I highly recommend using a paper towel to wipe off excess grease from the bacon, and to reheat the bacon before serving.
📋 Frequently asked questions
Can I cook turkey bacon in the air fryer? - Absolutely! Simply follow the steps above, and adjust the cooking times if needed. Check on the bacon after a few minutes to make sure it doesn't burn.
Can I use frozen bacon? - If you have frozen individual strips of bacon, you can definitely air fry them directly from frozen. You might need to add a few extra minutes to the cook time. Note that it does not work as well if you have multiple bacon rashers frozen together, as they will not cook evenly.
Do I have to use oil? - No oil is needed to air fry bacon.
More air fryer recipes:
Air Fryer Bacon
- 4 streaky bacon rashers
- Preheat the air fryer to 200°C/390°F.
- Place raw bacon in your air fryer, side by side to allow them to cook evenly.
- Air fry for 3-5 minutes, depending on how crispy you want the bacon.
- Check the air fryer after a few minutes to see if you are happy with the result. The cooking time might vary depending on your air fryer.