Make garlic bread in the air fryer with this easy recipe! Air fryer garlic bread is the perfect side dish for any meal. Serve it with some Slow Cooker Beef Stew or Instant Pot Chicken Pasta to complete the meal.
Garlic bread is always a favorite at our house. Although store bought garlic bread is fast and easy, it's nice to know that we can have homemade garlic bread ready in a matter of minutes.
This recipe is great because it's so incredibly easy, and you can use any bread that you have in your pantry!
Why you'll love it
- Super easy to make
- Only requires a few ingredients
- The perfect snack or side dish
- Make it in less than 10 minutes
- Easy to adapt with different seasoning
- The easiest way to make homemade garlic bread
🍴 More AIR FRYER RECIPES from Hint of Healthy
Bread: Use any bread that you like, or what you happen to have on hand. Baguette, ciabattas or other types of white bread are popular for garlic bread.
Butter: Softened butter is the way to go for this recipe, as it has to be spreadable. Alternatively, use olive oil.
Parsley: Fresh parsley gives the garlic bread some extra flavor.
Garlic: Use grated fresh garlic, garlic paste or even garlic powder. Anything that will give the butter a lovely garlic flavor.
This recipe honestly could not be easier!
Start by slicing your bread. Then, combine your butter, garlic and chopped parsley in a small bowl, and use a fork or spoon to make sure that the ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
Spread the butter over your sliced bread. Make sure to lay it on thicker than usual, as the butter is meant to melt into the bread. Place the ciabatta buns or French bread in your air fryer basket in a single layer.
Air fry at 400 °F / 200 °C for about 3-5 minutes, or until the butter has melted and the bread is crispy. Serve it immediately with your favorite entree.
Cooking frozen garlic bread
If you buy store bought frozen garlic bread, or you freeze down bread with garlic butter to use later, you can cook it at 340 °F / 170 °C for about 5-7 minutes depending on the thickness of the bread.
Frozen garlic bread is really convenient to make, and super easy to cook! Keep some at hand as a quick and easy side dish for any meal.
- Different types of bread might cook at different times. Keep an eye on the garlic bread to prevent it from burning!
- It's fine if the bread is overlapping a little, but make sure not to overcrowd the basket. The garlic bread cooks really fast, so if you need to make a large amount, you can easily cook it in multiple batches.
Garlic bread is the perfect side dish to any meal. Pair it with a hearty soup or stew, a light salad or your favorite entree. Here are some of my favorite dishes to serve garlic bread with:
- Pasta: Chicken and Chorizo Pasta, Sausage Pasta Bake
- Stews and soups: Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup, Black Eyed Pea Soup
- Meat: Air Fryer Steak, Roast Topside of Beef, Instant Pot Pork Roast
Other compound butters: Instead of garlic butter, use any other compound butter that you like. This is a great way to use up leftover butter, or to prepare the bread with your favorite flavors.
Cheesy garlic bread: Top your garlic bread with shredded cheese before air frying. You can use any cheese, but mozzarella or Parmesan are my personal favorites!
Different breads: Turn any bread into garlic bread! Different bread will have different flavors and textures, so try a few to discover your favorite. I love using ciabattas, baguettes, focaccia, sourdough, rye bread or any sliced bread.
You can store leftover garlic bread in a refrigerator for up to 2 days. Keep in mind that the bread will soften over time, but it will still be safe to eat.
🍴 More AIR FRYER RECIPES from Hint of Healthy
Frequently asked questions
Absolutely. You can toast any kind of bread in an air fryer, with or without toppings.
To make sure that your garlic bread is crispy, I recommend cooking it in an air fryer or oven, and serving it immediately.
If you want to make garlic bread without parsley, you can simply omit it or replace with another herb like chives or oregano.
You might also like these recipes
- Healthy French Toast
- Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Chilli Cheese Toast
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Air Fryer Kale Chips
- Instant Pot Asparagus
- Air Fryer Chickpeas
If you make this recipe, make sure to post a photo to Instagram with #hintofhealthy!
Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- 2 ciabattas (or other bread)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon garlic puree
- 1 teaspoon parsley (finely chopped)
- Combine soft butter, garlic puree and parsley in a small bowl. Use a spoon or fork to mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Slice the bread, and spread a thick layer of garlic butter on top.
- Air fry at 400 °F / 200 °C for about 3-5 minutes, or until the butter has melted and the bread is crispy.
- Store leftover garlic bread in a refrigerator for up to 2 days, and reheat in an air fryer for a few minutes.
- Feel free to use store bought garlic butter, or any other compound butter instead
- You can substitute the ciabatta buns with any other bread, like sliced bread, dinner rolls or baguettes.