Chicken and chorizo pasta is a creamy, delicious dinner recipe that’s guaranteed to impress even the pickiest of eaters! Packed with flavours and based on creme fraiche, this satiating dish is healthier than you would think.
- Penne, or other short pasta
- Chicken breast fillets
- Creme fraiche
- Sun dried tomatoes
How to make the BEST chicken and chorizo pasta
Boil the pasta in water according to the package instructions. This typically takes 5-15 minutes, depending on which pasta you use.
Meanwhile, cook the diced chorizo in a pan for a few minutes until golden. Remove the chorizo from the pan and sete it to the side. Leave the oil in the pan, and add diced chicken fillets. Leave the chicken to cook while stirring occasionally until it’s cooked through, about 5 minutes. Then, add finely diced or minced garlic, and saute for a minute.
Add chopped sundried tomatoes, basil, cooked chorizo creme fraiche to the chicken. Stir an leave it to cook for a few minutes for the flavours to develop. Drain the water off the finished pasta, and stir the pasta in with the sauce to coat it evenly.
Serve chicken and chorizo pasta piping hot, ideally with some garlic bread or a green salad on the side.
Leftover chicken and chorizo pasta can be stored in airtight containers in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat the dish in the microwave until piping hot before serving. You can also freeze this dish, however keep in mind that thawed and reheated pasta can tend to be mushy.
Frequently asked questions
Can I replace the creme fraiche? – Feel free to use double cream or heavy cream in place of the creme fraiche. Keep in mind that this will increase the fat and calorie count of the dish.
Can I add some vegetables? – Absolutely! I prefer to serve vegetables as a side dish with chicken and chorizo pasta, but you can also add some to the sauce. Try asparagus, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms or spinach.
More creamy pasta dishes:
- Creamy fajita pasta with chicken
- Pasta with broccoli and chicken
- Salmon and creme fraiche pasta
- Prawn and chorizo pasta
Chicken and chorizo pasta
- 150 g penne, or similar pasta
- 2 diced chicken fillets
- 65 g diced chorizo
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 150 ml low fat creme fraiche
- 5 chopped sun dried tomatoes (wipe off excess oil)
- 0.5 tsp dried basil
- Start cooking the pasta in water according to package instructions
- Meanwhile, cook the diced chorizo in a pan for a few minutes until golden. You don't need to add any oil as the chorizo is quite greasy
- Remove the chorizo from the pan and set it to the side. Keep the grease in the pan, and add diced chicken fillets.
- When the chicken is almost cooked through, add finely chopped garlic. Cook for a few minutes until the chicken is done
- Add sun dried tomatoes, basil and creme fraiche. Stir and let cook for a few minutes
- When the pasta is finished, drain off the water and add to the sauce. Combine and serve.