This easy and healthy sheet pan apricot chicken bake is the perfect combination of lean protein and sweet fruits topped with tangy feta cheese.
- Chicken breast fillets – lean cuts that bake quickly in the oven.
- Apricots – fresh apricots, preferably in season!
- Cherry tomatoes – deliciously juicy.
- Feta cheese – adds some tang and healthy fats to the dish.
How to make sheet pan apricot chicken bake
Heat the oven to 200 C / 180 C fan oven / 390 F. Season the chicken fillets with dried basil, salt and pepper, and fry them gently in a pan on high heat for 2 minutes on each side until the outside is golden brown.
Add the chicken fillets to a baking dish along with halved cherry tomatoes and apricots cut in wedges.
Bake the chicken in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the chicken has cooked through.
Crumble feta cheese over the top, and serve!
Leftover apricot chicken bake can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. It can also be frozen for 3 months.
Frequently asked questions
Can I replace the apricots? – Absolutely. This dish can be varied endlessly. Try using peaches, nectarines, plums or pears for a fruity variation.
Is this dish allergy friendly? – Sheet pan apricot chicken bake is egg free, soy free, nut free and gluten free. It can also be made dairy free by omitting the feta cheese.
More quick chicken dinners
- Sheet pan fajitas – Easy and quick Mexican sheet pan meal with chicken, peppers and red onion.
- Lemon pepper chicken breast – This lean and delicious chicken is so versatile and can be served with your favourite side dishes.
- Ginger and spring onion chicken – A healthy, homemade version of the take away favourite.
- Lemon chicken with orzo – Flavourful chicken and orzo cooked in one skillet.
Mediterranean apricot chicken bake
- 2 chicken fillets
- 10 cherry or plum tomatoes
- 2 apricots
- 20 g feta cheese
- dried basil
- salt, pepper
- Heat oven to 200°C
- Season the chicken fillets with basil, salt and pepper
- Fry the chicken in a pan on high heat for 2 minutes on each side until the outside is brown
- In a baking dish, add the chicken fillets, halved cherry tomatoes, and apricots cut in wedges
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked and apricots are softened
- Crumble feta cheese over the top and serve