Apple cider vinaigrette is a healthy, light and simple to make salad dressing based on apple cider vinegar and olive oil. It's perfect to serve with any salads or meat.
To make this simple salad dressing, you will need apple cider vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, honey, Dijon mustard and a garlic clove.
If you don't have olive oil available, you can also use another mild oil, such as vegetables oil.
💡 TIP! If you don't like grating garlic, you can use garlic paste instead! It's much easier, but tastes the same.
- Prepare the garlic: Grate or puree the garlic. Make sure that it's in really small pieces, and avoid any large chunks of raw garlic.
- Mix it together: Then, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl of a jar. Shake, whisk or stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Finish the sauce: Add any additional salt, pepper or vinegar to taste, and serve.
You can use vinaigrette as a salad dressing or as marinade for meat and other dishes. This is a very basic vinaigrette, which means that you can pair it with practically any other dish! Here are some of my top choices:
- Asparagus Pasta Salad - This classic salad dressing is a perfect pairing with pasta salads.
- Lebanese Salad Fattoush - Use apple cider vinaigrette instead of the dressing listed in the recipe.
- Hawaiian Chicken Salad - This filling salad with pineapple and chicken is perfect for lunch or light dinners.
- Pasta Salad with Roasted Vegetables - A vegetarian salad with roasted summer vegetables.
- Tuna Nicoise Salad - A hearty salad with potatoes, green beans and tuna.
Browse my healthy pasta salads or side salad recipes to discover your new favorite salad recipe!
Other sweeteners: You can replace the honey with any other sweeteners, such as maple syrup, agave nectar and more. Use your favorite, or whatever you have at hand. Replacing the honey would also make this recipe vegan friendly!
Seasoning: This is a very plain, basic vinaigrette recipe. You can definitely experiment with adding extra seasoning to add more flavor to it. Red pepper flakes, dried herbs, paprika or onion powder could be excellent additions.
Store leftover apple cider vinaigrette in a sealed container such as a jar in a refrigerator for up to 1 week.
The dressing tends to separate in the refrigerator, so give it a good shake before use.
This recipe is perfect for meal prep, as you can keep using the same vinaigrette throughout the week. It's a cheap and healthy alternative to buying store bought salad dressing.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, this is a common way to make vinaigrette.
Vinegar is a fermented condiment, while vinaigrette is a sauce which typically includes vinegar.
You might also like these recipes
- Maple Vinaigrette
- Pesto Vinaigrette
- Lemon Pepper Vinaigrette
- Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing
- Authentic Tzatziki Sauce
- Strawberry Basil Sauce
- Yogurt Dill Sauce
If you make this recipe, make sure to post a photo to Instagram with #hintofhealthy!
Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- Grate or puree the garlic. Make sure that it's in tiny pieces, and avoid any large chunks of raw garlic.
- Then, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl of a jar. Shake, whisk or stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Add any additional salt, pepper or vinegar to taste, and serve.
- Store leftover vinaigrette in a sealed jar in a refrigerator for up to a week. Shake the jar to combine the ingredients before serving.
Leave a comment