Iced caramel latte is one of the most popular chilled coffee drinks. This copycat Starbucks recipe will teach you how to make it at home, using only 3 ingredients.
Why you'll love it
- Really refreshing in the summer
- It's easy to make
- You can easily adapt the recipe to suit your dietary needs
- Prepare the coffee ahead of time to save time
- A great alternative to hot coffee
Milk: Use any milk that you like. Oat milk, almond milk or soy milk are great dairy free options.
Caramel syrup: Any caramel syrup will work well. I buy a caramel syrup made for coffee at my local supermarket.
Coffee: For this beverage, you will need strong brewed coffee. Use your favorite instant coffee or espresso. As the coffee needs to be cold, you can either use cold brew, or make regular coffee and allow it to cool down.
Ice cubes: Not essential, but a great addition to ensure that the coffee stays icy cold.
- Chill the coffee: Make the cold brew, or brew hot coffee and leave it to cool down. I simply make regular espresso in a cup, and put it in the refrigerator for a few minutes before I make the drink.
- Add ice cubes: Add ice cubes to your glass. The ice cubes will keep the drink cold.
- Pour the ingredients: Add the cold coffee, milk and caramel syrup to the glass, and stir to combine the ingredients.
- Make sure that the coffee is completely chilled.
- Use any coffee that you like. Instant coffee or espresso is fine.
Sugar free: Use sugar free caramel syrup. These can be found in most large supermarkets.
Other flavors: You can replace the caramel syrup with other flavors, such as chocolate or vanilla.
With toppings: Top the drink with whipped cream, caramel sauce or cinnamon if you want.
Store leftover iced latte in a refrigerator for up to 2 days.
You can also brew the coffee ahead of time, and store it for up to 3 days. Then, assemble the latte whenever you feel like it. This is a great way to prepare a big batch to enjoy multiple drinks.
Frequently asked questions
An iced coffee is a chilled coffee. Iced latte is chilled coffee with a large amount of added milk, and often prepared with added syrup for flavor.
You might also like these recipes
- Iced Whipped Coffee (Dalgona Coffee)
- Ginger Lemon Iced Tea
- Mint Iced Tea
- Iced Chai Latte
- Rooibos Iced Tea
If you make this recipe, make sure to post a photo to Instagram with #hintofhealthy!
Iced Caramel Latte
- ¼ cup strong brewed coffee
- ¾ cup milk (I use almond milk)
- 3 ice cubes
- ½ teaspoon caramel syrup
- Make the cold brew, or brew hot coffee and leave it to cool down. I simply make regular espresso in a cup, and put it in the refrigerator for a few minutes before I make the drink.
- Add ice cubes to your glass. The ice cubes will keep the drink cold.
- Add the cold coffee, milk and caramel syrup to the glass, and stir to combine the ingredients.
- Store leftover strong brewed coffee or caramel latte in a refrigerator for up to 2 days.