Buffalo chicken pasta bake is amazing comfort food, and really easy to make. Delicious, cheesy goodness, hot and buttery chicken and pasta are merged into one dish with this simple recipe.
This easy buffalo chicken casserole recipe is perfect for quick and easy meals. It's filling, comforting and really cheesy. It's also one of my favorite way to use shredded buffalo chicken.
You can also prepare the casserole ahead of time, and either refrigerate or freeze the dish for later. This is a great way to meal prep.
Why you'll love it
- So easy to make
- Deliciously creamy
- Really filling recipe
- Pasta + cheese + buffalo chicken
- Really filling
- Easy to customize to suit your preferences
- Nut free + soy free
- Vegetarian version available!
Buffalo chicken: I like to make my own Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken or Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken, but you can use any shredded chicken and buffalo sauce. Adjust the amount of sauce to suit your preferences.
Ranch dressing: Any ranch dressing works well. This adds flavor, and makes the dish creamy.
Cream cheese: Makes the pasta bake even more creamy and cheesy. A great addition for improved texture.
Cheese: Top the pasta bake with shredded cheddar cheese for an excellent texture and flavor.
Pasta: Any short type of pasta will work, like penne, rotini and fusilli.
💡 TIP! Make your own healthy ranch dressing with Greek yogurt for a light version of the dish.
You can find full instructions + ingredient measurements in the recipe card at the bottom of this page
Two: Cook your pasta in water according to the package instructions, then drain it.
Three: Combine the ingredients in a casserole dish. Top with shredded cheese.
Four: Bake in the oven at 360 F / 180 C for about 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and become golden.
💡 TIP! For quick shredded buffalo chicken, shred a rotisserie chicken and cover it with buffalo sauce.
What is buffalo chicken?
Buffalo chicken is simply chicken covered with buffalo sauce. Buffalo sauce is a buttery hot sauce, and the most popular brand is Frank's RedHot.
Serve this pasta bake as an entree for lunch or dinner. Here are some of my favorite side dishes to pair it with:
Spicy buffalo chicken pasta casserole: Although we are using a hot sauce, the pasta bake is not overly spicy. If you prefer more spice, you can add extra buffalo sauce, cayenne pepper or hot sauce.
With added vegetables: Add tomatoes, zucchini, shredded carrots or diced peppers to the dish if you want to include some veggies.
Vegetarian buffalo pasta bake: Replace the chicken with cauliflower for a veggie friendly version.
Extra seasoning: Add Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, any dried herbs or salt and pepper to add more flavor to the dish. This casserole traditionally has a mild, plain and cheesy flavor, but you can definitely change it up based on your preferences.
Leftover buffalo chicken pasta bake stores really well. You can store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days, or it can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Defrost the frozen casserole in a refrigerator overnight, then reheat in a microwave or oven and serve it warm.
You might also like these recipes..
- Minced Beef Pasta Bake
- Chicken and Leek Pasta Bake
- Lasagna Soup
- Vegetable Soup with Tortellini
- Chicken and Chorizo Pasta
- Spaghetti alla Puttanesca
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Tacos
Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake
- Casserole Dish
- 6 ounces pasta
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- ⅓ cup ranch dressing
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup cheddar
- Make shredded chicken by pressure cooking, slow cooker or boiling chicken breasts until cooked. Shred the meat with two forks, and combine with buffalo sauce.
- Meanwhile, boil the pasta in water on the stove following the package instructions. Discard the leftover cooking water.
- Combine the buffalo chicken, pasta, ranch dressing and cream cheese in a casserole dish. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake the pasta bake in the oven at 360 F / 180 C for about 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese has melted, and the casserole is golden on top.
- Leave the casserole to cool down for about 5-10 minutes before you serve it.
- Store leftover buffalo chicken pasta bake it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.