A refreshing rose spritzer is a lovely cocktail made with rose wine and sparkling water or lemonade. A pretty pink drink, perfect to serve for special occasions, or simply to enjoy on hot summer days.
Why you'll love it
- It's a really simple cocktail with only two main ingredients. No cocktail making equipment or experience required.
- This spritzer is fairly low in alcohol, which makes it perfect for social gatherings.
- Rose wine has a very mild wine flavor, and mixed with lemonade, most people will like this, even if they aren't usually too keen on wine.
- You can easily make it look even more impressive by adding fresh berries.
- Make it low calorie by using zero calorie lemonade.
- The pink color makes it perfect for summer, bachelorette parties or Valentine's Day.
- Super quick to make a whole pitcher or two - perfect if you're catering for a crowd.
If you like this recipe, you should check out my red wine spritzer.
Rose wine: Use a fruity, sweet rose wine for the best results. This recipe also works if you use sparkling rose wine.
Lemonade: The lemonade adds a bit of sparkle, as well as a fantastic lemon flavor. Use zero calorie and sugar free lemonade for a lighter cocktail. Can be substituted with sparkling water, club soda or tonic.
Garnish: Add some garnish to make the drinks look impressive, and add a subtle flavor. Fresh strawberries, raspberries, sprigs of thyme or rosemary or lemon wedges are great options.
Ice cubes: Keep the cocktail cook for longer!
🍸 More COCKTAIL RECIPES from Hint of Healthy
To make this cocktail, all you have to do is combine the ingredients in a pitcher or individual glasses.
Combine the rose wine and lemonade first, adding more or less wine to taste. Then, add in ice cubes and diced berries or other garnishes.
You can easily double or triple the recipe to make an even bigger batch if needed.
💡 TIP! You can make spritzer with any fizzy drink or soda. Lemonade is my preferred choice, but club soda, sparkling water, tonic and other options can be great too.
- If you're serving the spritzer on a warm day, you can leave the ice cubes out, and rather place them in the individual glasses as you serve the cocktail. The ice cubes in the pitcher will most likely melt, causing the drink to become flat and diluted.
- The lemonade to wine ratio is only a suggestion. Feel free to adjust it by adding more or less wine, to suit your preferences.
Rose spritzer is an excellent cocktail to serve on its own or with some snacks. Here are some ideas for events or times when it would be appropriate to serve this drink:
- Valentine's Day - The color of this cocktail makes it perfect for this romantic holiday.
- Summer parties and garden parties - Refreshing and fruity, this is perfect for most summer events.
- Weddings - A more affordable alternative to prosecco or champagne.
- Girls night in, bachelorette's party, or engagement party. This drink is simple, but classy enough for those special moments.
With garnish: A variety of garnishes could be appropriate for this drink. Try lemon wedges, fresh berries, sprigs of thyme or rosemary, or orange peel.
With berries: Add whole or diced berries such as raspberries, blueberries, strawberries or cherries. Diced fruit can also work.
Added flavor: Feel free to add other flavored ingredients, such as strawberry syrup or lemon liqueur.
You can store rose spritzer in a refrigerator for up to a day. Keep in mind that the lemonade will go flat over time. As this cocktail is really easy to prepare on the spot, I recommend making it fresh when you intend to drink it.
Don't store it for extended periods of time with the ice cubes added, as they will melt. As an option, you can make the spritzer without ice cubes, and only add the ice to the individual glasses as you serve it instead.
Frequently asked questions
You can add anything you like to rose wine. Try a sweet, simple fizzy drink such as seltzer, club soda, sparkling water, sparkling wine or lemonade.
You can certainly drink rose with ice. Keep in mind that the wine won't taste as good if the ice melts and dilutes the drink, so if you add ice cubes you'll have to drink it faster.
You might also like these recipes
If you make this recipe, make sure to post a photo to Instagram with #hintofhealthy!
- 1 cup rose wine
- 4 cups lemonade
- 10 ice cubes
- 10 strawberries, diced
- Combine the wine and lemonade in a pitcher or punch bowl.
- Add diced strawberries and ice cubes to serve.
- You can replace the lemonade with sparkling water, club soda, seltzer or tonic if you prefer.