This easy Mediterranean flatbread recipe is perfect for quick and easy lunches or dinners. Using premade flatbread, and your favorite toppings, you can prepare this dish in just 20 minutes!
Flatbreads were one of my go-to dinners when I was a student, and I still love them as an adult. These are so easy that even teenagers or kids can make them, and every family member get a chance to make their own.
I have used a combination of Mediterranean toppings, but you can choose your favorites.
Why you'll love it
- Perfect for quick and easy lunches or dinners
- Use store bought or homemade flatbread
- Choose your favorite toppings
- Can be adjusted to suit any dietary requirements
Flatbread: Use any type of flatbread that you like. You can typically find a good selection in the bread section of most supermarkets. You can also buy a pizza crust, or make your favorite pizza dough.
Canned artichokes, olives, cherry tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes in olive oil, roasted red peppers, red onions: Amazing, flavorful Mediterranean style vegetables, and my choice of toppings in this recipe. See the Variations section below for more flatbread topping ideas! You can omit, substitute or add any toppings that you like.
Feta cheese: This cheese is perfect for Mediterranean food.
You can find full instructions + ingredient measurements in the recipe card at the bottom of this page
One: Place your flatbread on a baking sheet. Add diced and sliced toppings.
Two: Bake at 400 F / 200 C for about 10 minutes, or until the flatbread is golden brown and the toppings are cooked.
- Choose your favorite toppings.
- You can also set up a flatbread buffet, and allow everyone to make their own flatbread with their favorite toppings.
- The exact cooking time required can vary depending on which type of flatbread you use, or your choice of toppings. The flatbread will be ready to serve when it has a golden color.
- You can top your flatbread with fresh herbs, chili oil, freshly ground black pepper or Parmesan cheese.
Serve your Mediterranean flatbread as a quick and easy lunch or dinner for busy days. You can serve them whole, or slice them like a pizza.
I love to serve mine with healthy side dishes for a complete meal. Here are some of my top recipes to pair this dish with:
- Avocado Chickpea Salad
- Lemon Kale Salad
- Olive Salad
- Air Fryer Eggplant
- Greek Spinach Rice
- Authentic Tzatziki Sauce
Other toppings: Add any toppings that you like. Shredded chicken, prosciutto, bacon, pesto, tomato sauce, toasted nuts, roasted eggplant and mozzarella are excellent options.
Try different bread: You can make this recipe using any flatbread that you like. You can even try different versions, and decide which you like better. Greek style soft flatbread are great. You can also try pitta bread, pizza crusts, naan bread and more.
Gluten free flatbread: Make sure that the bread you use is certified gluten free.
Dairy free: Make sure that the bread you use is certified dairy free, and omit the feta cheese.
Store any leftover flatbread for up to 3 days in a sealed container in a refrigerator. You can also store the toppings separate from the bread, and assemble and cook the flatbreads immediately before serving.
Reheat any leftovers in a microwave or oven, and serve.
Frequently asked questions
Flatbreads are simply bread that is flat. Unlike raised bread like sandwich bread, these breads are completely flat, and can either be wrapped around fillings, or topped with them. There are many types of flatbread, like naan or pitta bread.
Pizza and flatbread are kind of the same things. Pizza can be considered a type of flatbread, which is covered with tomato sauce, and toppings like cheese, meat and vegetables.
Flatbread can be used to roll up fillings like meat or vegetables, or topped and cooked like pizza.
You might also like these recipes
If you make this recipe, make sure to post a photo to Instagram with #hintofhealthy!
- 4 flatbreads
- ½ cup feta cheese
- ½ cup canned artichoke hearts
- 2 roasted red peppers
- ⅓ cup olives
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes
- Place your flatbread on a baking sheet. Add diced and sliced toppings.
- Bake at 400 F / 200 C for about 10 minutes, or until the flatbread is golden brown and the toppings are cooked.
- Store leftover flatbread in a container in a refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Omit, add or substitute any toppings with whatever you like.