These amazing sweet, crispy honey roasted almonds are an excellent healthy snack that you can make in only 20 minutes. Super easy, and absolutely delicious!
Honey roasted almonds are deliciously sweet, which makes them perfect as a healthy snack. I love how crispy they are, with the distinct flavor of roasted almonds.
All you need to make this recipe is just 3 ingredients + 15 minutes of your time. Make a double batch, as these nuts can be stored for a very long time - as long as you can avoid eating them all in one go.
Love this recipe? Check out my other nut recipes, or learn how to make roasted hazelnuts or dark chocolate almonds!
For this recipe, you will need raw almonds, honey and sea salt flakes. The salt is optional, and can be omitted if you like.
If you have frozen almonds, you should defrost them and remove excess water before use. This is the best way to ensure that the nuts are thoroughly crunchy.
💡 TIP! You can also add seasoning to the almonds, such as cinnamon, cacao powder or a pinch of chili.
Place the almonds on a sheet pan covered with parchment paper. Add sea salt and runny honey, and stir to coat the almonds evenly in a thin layer of sticky honey.
Preheat your oven to 360 °F / 180 °C / 160 °C fan oven. Bake the coated almonds for about 15 minutes. Be careful not to leave them for too long, as they can burn quickly if left unattended.
Remove the almonds from the oven, and leave them to cool down on the baking paper. The honey will harden around the almonds, and they will be much less sticky. Then, move them to a container for permanent storage.
Here are all my best advice to ensure that you get perfect results with this recipe:
- Make sure that every almond is coated in a thin layer of honey. Avoid using too much, or the almonds will be really sticky!
- Your oven could roast faster than expected. Keep an eye on the almonds, and take them out before they burn.
- Mango pineapple smoothie bowl - Add some crunch to your smoothie bowl with chopped honeyed almonds.
- Cinnamon raisin granola - These almonds are perfect for granola.
- Popcorn with honey and cinnamon - Mix in some honey roasted nuts for the ultimate sweet, sticky movie snack.
- Healthy Greek yogurt pancakes - Top your pancakes with some sweet, crunchy nuts.
- .. or simply enjoy them as a delicious treat!
There's no doubt that roasted almonds with honey are amazing as they come, but if you want to add a little variation to your snack, you can try any of these fantastic alternatives:
- Add a pinch of cinnamon
- Replace the honey with maple syrup
- Replace the almonds with hazelnuts, cashews, pecans, or mixed nuts
- Place the almonds in an oven dish, and roast them in the air fryer
- Add some powdered lavender or rose for a floral twist
You can safely store the almonds in an airtight container in your for up to several weeks or month. Over time, they could lose a little crunch, but they are still perfectly safe to eat.
They can also be stored in a refrigerator if you like them chilled, but this is not necessary.
I like to keep my almonds in small portion sized containers. I typically keep a container in my bag, or grab one if I need a snack on the go. This is also a great idea if you're preparing your family's packed lunches.
Frequently asked questions
No, they are not, as honey is not vegan. For a vegan friendly alternative, you can substitute agave nectar or maple syrup for the honey.
Honey Roasted Almonds
- 2 cups almonds (220 g)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pinch of sea salt flakes
- Place the almonds on a sheet pan covered with parchment paper. Add sea salt and runny honey, and stir to coat the almonds evenly in a thin layer of sticky honey.
- Preheat your oven to 360 °F / 180 °C / 160 °C fan oven. Bake the coated almonds for about 15 minutes. Be careful not to leave them for too long, as they can burn quickly if left unattended.
- Remove the almonds from the oven, and leave them to cool down on the baking paper. The honey will harden around the almonds, and they will be much less sticky. Then, move them to a container for permanent storage.
Leave a comment