Creamy, delicious cinnamon raisin overnight oats are easy to make and a healthy way to start the day. Make multiple servings and store them in your fridge for quick and easy breakfasts throughout the week.
Overnight oats require no cooking, can be prepared ahead and helps you save time in the morning. It's like oatmeal, only quicker! These healthy cinnamon overnight oats are made with no sugar, using raisins to keep the dish sweet.
Add all the ingredients to a bowl, masjon jar or container with a lid, and stir to combine. Place your container in the fridge, and leave it there overnight, for at least 6 hours.
The oats will soak up the liquid, leaving them creamy and delicious. When you are ready to serve them the next day, simply give them a stir and transfer the porridge to a bowl.
💡 TIP! Overnight oats can be enjoyed cold straight out of the fridge, or you can heat them up slightly in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. I eat mine cold in the summer and warm in the winter.
🧂 Seasoning & add-ins
There are also a bunch of other add-ins you can try! Add some walnuts, almond flakes, blueberries, vanilla extract, orange juice, or other flavors that you enjoy.
💭 Top tips
- Make these cinnamon overnight oats vegan by using a plant based milk and yogurt alternative. Oat milk is a great choice for this reicpe!
- If the overnight oats are not as creamy as you'd like in the morning, you can add some extra Greek yogurt to thicken them.
Leftover cinnamon raisin overnight oats can be stored in the fridge for up to 3-5 days. You can therefore prepare multiple servings for quick and easy breakfasts in the days to come.
I do not recommend freezing leftovers, as the texture of the oats will change after thawing.
📋 Frequently asked questions
Old fashioned rolled oats are the best for overnight oats. They absorb the liquid really well. Quick oats tend to get too mushy, and steel cut oats is better suited for cooking.
Oats, milk and yogurt is combined in a bowl and stored in the fridge overnight. Over the course of a few hours, the oats will absorb the liquid and get a soft, porridge like texture.
Yes. Overnight oats are made with oats, which is widely considered to be healthy.
You can eat overnight oats cold straight out of the fridge, or heat it up slightly in the microwave before serving.
3-5 days. Overnight oats last up to 3 days if you use cow's milk, or up to 5 days if you use a plant based milk like oatmilk. The longer you leave it, the creamier the textures!
Overnight oats need at least 6 hours in the fridge to get a creamy texture. The longer you leave them, the creamier they will become.
🍴 More breakfast oats
- Chocolate peanut butter oatmeal
- Maple oatmeal
- Toasted muesli
- Oat banana and raisin muffins
- Peanut butter oatmeal breakfast cookies
Cinnamon raisin overnight oats
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl, masjon jar or container with a lid, and stir to combine. Place your container in the fridge, and leave it there overnight, for at least 6 hours.
- The oats will soak up the liquid, leaving them creamy and delicious. When you are ready to serve them the next day, simply give them a stir and transfer the porridge to a bowl.
- Serve the oats cold, or heat them in the microwave for 20-30 seconds before serving.