Smoked salmon and avocado toast is a delicious and easy breakfast, lunch or snack. It’s super easy to throw together quickly on busy mornings. Wholemeal bread, salmon and avocado is a great combo of fiber and healthy fats. This avocado toast recipe will keep you full for hours!
Ingredients you need
- Bread. Any bread goes, so choose your favorite. I prefer to use a wholegrain seeded bread for extra flavor and texture.
- Avocado. Can’t have avocado toast without avocado. Choose a super soft and ripe avocado.
- Smoked salmon. I like the packages of smoked salmon that comes in large flakes. It’s both easy to work with and appetizing.
- Some seasoning. In particular, dill and freshly ground black pepper.
How to make smoked salmon and avocado toast
Toast your bread. The easiest way is using a toaster, but you can also use a grill, oven or a dry pan. Then, add avocado. Make sure that your avocado is very ripe. You should be able to use a knife to spread it on your toast like butter. Then, simply add smoked salmon on top. I like to also add some seasoning. Dried dill is great with salmon. Lemon juice, lemon pepper, mustard, horseradish sauce, sea salt and black pepper are also great.
In this recipe I have used freshly ground black pepper and dill. You can substitute these with whatever you prefer, or omit them altogether.
Why is avocado toast popular?
In the last few years, avocado toast has become incredibly popular. You can find them in just about every restaurant or café that offers breakfast. The popularity is very much linked with the increased popularity of avocado itself in recent years. Avocado is known for it’s creamy texture and mild flavor. It’s suitable for many diets, including keto, paleo, whole30, and being a fruit it’s also vegan and gluten free. It’s an excellent natural spread that pairs well with many other flavors. This smoked salmon and avocado toast is only one of many popular variations. If you are interested in trying other avocado toast recipes, try a version with poached eggs, or with white beans.
Other delicious breakfast recipes
- Strawberry cream cheese parfait
- Maple oatmeal
- Egg salad with avocado
- Chocolate peanut butter oatmeal
- Cinnamon raisin overnight oats
Smoked salmon and avocado toast
- 4 sliced of wholemeal bread
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 pieces of smoked salmon
- dried dill, freshly ground pepper
- Toast your bread. The easiest way is using a toaster, but you can also use a grill, oven or a dry pan.
- Then, add avocado. Make sure that your avocado is very ripe. You should be able to use a knife to spread it on your toast like butter. Then, simply add smoked salmon on top.
- Add some seasoning. I suggest using dried dill and freshly ground black pepper, but you can add anything you want on top.