23 Aug Pasta with roasted tomatoes, feta and basil
Some dishes are so tasty and so convenient that they end up becoming one of your routine dinners. This pasta with roasted tomatoes, feta and basil is likely to be one of them. A quick, delicious weeknight meal that looks impressive, but is actually incredibly easy to make. I prefer to make this dish right before eating, as it definitely tastes better when fresh and hot, but you could also store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Use what’s left of your summer produce in this excellent, Italian inspired dish.
What do I need to make this pasta with roasted tomatoes?
- Your preferred pasta. I used spaghetti, but fusilli, tagliatelle or any other variety will work just as well
- Cherry or plum tomatoes
- Feta cheese
- Olive oil
The feta cheese can be omitted if you want a dairy-free version, or replaced with other cheeses like mozzarella or parmesan. Additionally, the fresh basil can be excluded, but I highly recommend you add it if you can as it does give the dish a great flavor.
How do you roast tomatoes?
Roasting tomatoes is very straight forward. If you want to add more flavor, you could add some spices or dried herbs to the tomatoes before roasting. The exact roasting time will vary depending on the size of your tomatoes, and the temperature of your oven. Keep an eye on them as you don’t want them to burn.
Slice tomatoes in half, and add to a baking sheet covered baking tray. Drizzle olive oil over the tomatoes, and spread them to make sure they get baked evenly.
After about 15 minutes on 200°C, the tomates will have started to brown and are ready to come out.
How do I make this dish?
Cut cherry or plum tomatoes in half, and add to a baking tray. Drizzle a bit of olive oil on top, and make sure the tomatoes are covered. Roast them in the oven at 200°C for about 15 minutes, until they start to brown. Meanwhile, boil the pasta following package instructions. When they are both done, add them to bowls and crumble feta cheese over. Garnish with chopped basil, and optionally some more olive oil. Pasta with roasted tomatoes is great on its own, or it can be served with a green side salad.
Boil pasta following package instructions
Add cooked pasta to plate or bowl
Add the tomatoes on top
And garnish with crumbled feta and basil!
Pasta with roasted tomatoes
- 125 g spaghetti or other pasta
- 200 g cherry or plum tomatoes
- 25 g feta cheese
- 2 tsp olive oil
- chopped fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Slice tomatoes in half and add to a baking sheet covered baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil, and add to the oven.
- After 10-20 minutes the tomatoes will start to brown. This means they are done and ready to come out.
- Fill a pot generously with water and bring to a boil
- Add the pasta, and cook until desired consistency. Pasta typically takes 5-10 minutes to cook through. To check if it's done, use a fork to fish out a piece of pasta and try it. Remove from the heat and drain off water when you're satisfied with the softness.
- Divide pasta onto plates
- Add tomatoes over the pasta
- Garnish with crumbled feta cheese and chopped fresh basil