This Greek pasta salad is refreshing, easy, and a great way to enjoy fresh produce. With spinach, feta and vegetables, it's filling and packed with useful nutrients.
Greek pasta salad is super easy to make! Here is everything you need:
- Pasta - a short pasta like penne or fusilli is best.
- Tomatoes - perfectly ripe, juicy tomatoes are the best part of Greek salads.
- Spinach - lovely, crispy spinach is the perfect leafy green for this salad.
- Feta cheese - crumbled on top this brings so much flavour.
- Green peppers - adds the crunch.
- Olives - healthy fats and tastes great. I prefer kalamata or black olives.
- Red onion - adds flavour and colour.
How to make Greek salad with pasta
Cook pasta according to the instructions on the package until it's perfectly al dente. Drain off the excess water, and rinse the cooked pasta under cold water.
Slice and dice the vegetables to your liking, and combine them in a salad bowl. Add the cooked pasta and crumbled feta cheese, and combine.
Leftover Greek pasta salad can be stored for up to 4 days in an airtight container in the fridge. I recommend leaving any dressing out, and only adding this right before serving.
Alternatively, you can store the pasta separately from the vegetables, and assemble the salad when you are ready to eat if you are concerned about the veggies and spinach being soggy.
Serve Greek salad with pasta as is, or with a side of crusty bread as a light meal for lunch or dinner.
Frequently asked questions
Can you omit any ingredients? - Absolutely! Leave out the vegetables you don't like. You can also ditch the feta cheese or pasta if you prefer. Feel free to add any ingredients you like as well, this recipe is very easy to adapt!
Is this allergy friendly? - This recipe is nut free and egg free. It can be made dairy free by omitting the feta cheese. Use gluten free pasta if you want to avoid gluten.
Is Greek salad healthy? - Yes! This salad is really good for you, with healthy fats, plenty of vitamins, and enough calories to keep you full for hours.
More Mediterranean style salads
- Orzo salad with spinach, feta and lemon - delicious and hearty pasta salad with spinach, feta and lemon can be enjoyed as is, or as a side dish.
- Italian salad with mozzarella and salami - this Italian salad is a filling main, perfect as a light meal.
- Couscous salad with pomegranate - packed with colourful veggies, this salad tastes as good as it looks.
Greek pasta salad with feta and spinach
- 100 g pasta
- 1 red onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- black olives
- 3 tomatoes
- ½ large cucumber
- 75 g feta cheese
- ½ lemon (or lemon juice)
- Cook the pasta following package instructions
- Cut all vegetables into bite sized pieces and combine in a large bowl
- When the pasta is cooked, rinse it with cold water to cool it down completely, then add to the salad
- Crumble feta cheese over and combine
- Optional: Squeeze half a lemon or some lemon juice over the top and combine. This acts as a very refreshing dressing.