This keto friendly cauliflower rice and chicken casserole is perfect for cheese lovers and picky eaters – and anyone else that love a good casserole! It combines shredded chicken, riced cauliflower and deliciously creamy dairy products in the best way possible.
The best cheesy keto chicken casserole
Cauliflower rice and chicken casserole is made by combining our favourite creamy ingredients.
Chicken: We need 200-250 g shredded chicken. This amounts to 2 chicken breast fillets, which you can quickly bake in the oven before adding them to the casserole. Alternatively, you can use leftover roast chicken, or even roast turkey.
Egg: Adding one egg helps the casserole hold together. This could be omitted if you have an egg allergy, but I highly recommend adding it for improved texture.
Cauliflower: You can buy cauliflower rice, or you can rice a medium sized cauliflower using a food processor.
Cream cheese: Creamy, cheesy goodness that constitutes the foundation in the casserole. Yum!
Cheese: Added on top for a delicious melted effect. Golden, melted cheese is the best part of any casserole.
Cream: Also added for texture. Yum!
This dish is super yummy, but it could use some more vegetables. I love serving it with a nice veggie side dish, like brussels sprouts with bacon or roasted green beans. You can also serve it with a kale salad, broccoli salad, or any of your favourite vegetables.
Leftover cauliflower rice and chicken casserole
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave before serving for the best results. I would not recommend freezing leftovers, as the dairy products can separate during thawing and get a strange consistency.
More chicken dinners
Cauliflower rice and chicken casserole
- 2 shredded chicken breast fillets
- 1 egg
- 300 g cream cheese
- 100 ml double cream
- 400 g riced cauliflower
- 100 g cheddar, grated
- salt, pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 180°C fan oven / 395°F.
- Use leftover chicken breast fillets if you have them available, or cook chicken fillets in the oven until they are cooked through, then shred them.
- Combine riced cauliflower, double cream, cream cheese, shredded chicken, egg, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl, then transfer to a casserole dish. Use a spoon or spatula to smooth out the surface and distribute the ingredients evenly in the dish.
- Add shredded cheddar on top, and place the casserole in the oven. Cook until the cheese has melted and turned golden, about 20 minutes.