This delicious peppermint coffee with chocolate is a fantastic, festive hot coffee drink that you can make at home in only 5 minutes. It's simple, yet delicious, and the perfect morning coffee for Christmas.
Servings: 1 large cup
- 1 shot espresso (or strong brewed coffee)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cacao powder
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 candy cane
- whipped cream
Add the milk, sugar, cacao powder, and peppermint extract to a small pot. Place it on the stove, and gently heat it up over medium heat while you whisk the ingredients to quickly combine them.
The milk mixture should not boil, but simply be warm. Then, add the espresso or strong brewed coffee, and stir.
Adjust the amount of sugar, peppermint, or coffee to taste if you wish, and serve hot peppermint mocha with candy canes and whipped cream on top.
- Optionally serve the peppermint mocha with whipped cream and a candy cane on top.
- Adjust the amount of peppermint, cocoa powder, and sugar added to taste.
- Use any milk you like, such as oat milk, whole milk, skim milk, almond milk, or soy milk.
Calories: 222kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 111mg | Potassium: 869mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 395IU | Calcium: 298mg | Iron: 1mg