The sardine sandwich is a Scandinavian classic, and is often served as a tasty lunch for special occasions. It’s really easy to make, really filling, and looks really impressive!
- 4 oz canned sardines (115 g)
- 4 slices of bread
- 2 hard boiled egg
- ½ red onion
- 4 teaspoon Greek yogurt
- 2 tomatoes
- 16 cucumber slices
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard (optional)
Spread Greek yogurt and optionally Dijon mustard over the slices of bread.
Add some spinach leaves, cucumber slices, sliced hard boiled eggs, canned sardines, raw onions and a lemon slice on each slice.
After serving, squeeze the lemon over the fish and enjoy.
- Serve the sandwiches immediately to avoid soggy bread.
- Cut perfect slices of eggs with this super convenient egg slicer!
- Use your favorite sandwich toppings – you can replace or omit any ingredients you want in this recipe.
- This sandwich can be stored in a refrigerator for up to a day. If you have leftover ingredients, these can be refrigerated for a few days, and you can assemble the sandwiches when you’re ready for future meals.
Calories: 203kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 134mg | Sodium: 355mg | Potassium: 463mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 727IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 185mg | Iron: 2mg