Creamy lemon chicken pasta
This deliciously creamy lemon chicken pasta is a great weeknight dinner that even the kids will love. Using lean chicken fillets and low fat creme fraiche, this dish is lower in calories compared to most creamy pasta dishes.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 150 g pasta
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp dill
- juice from 1 lemon
- lots of pepper, some salt
- 150 ml low fat creme fraiche
Boil some water in pot, and cook your pasta according to package instructions.
Finely mince the garlic, and dice the chicken fillets. Heat some oil or cooking spray in a pan, and add both the garlic and chicken to cook until the chicken has cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Add the dill, lemon, salt and pepper. I go quite heavy on the pepper in this dish. Leave to cook for a minute.
Add the creme fraiche. Stir to combine the ingredients, and let it simmer for about 3 minutes until the sauce is warm and flavorful. That's our creamy lemon sauce done.
Add the drained pasta to the creamy chicken sauce, and stir to coat the pasta completely. Allow the dish to rest, and make sure that the pasta has heated through in the sauce before plating up the finished creamy lemon chicken pasta to serve. Optionally, garnish with some fresh lemon slices and fresh coriander.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days. This dish is not suitable for freezing.
- Whole wheat pasta takes longer to cook than white pasta, so if using you might want to let the pasta cook for a while before starting on the creamy lemon chicken sauce.
- This dish can be made dairy-free with a dairy-free or vegan creme fraiche substitute.