Avocado Chickpea Salad
This healthy avocado chickpea salad is a quick and easy 10-minute dish with amazing Mediterranean flavors. A versatile salad which you can customize to suit your preferences.
- 1 avocado
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- ½ English cucumber
- 15 olives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ lemon (juice only)
- ⅓ cup parsley
- 1 red onion
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
Dice the onion, avocado, cherry tomatoes, and cucumber.
Add the diced vegetables to a salad bowl or mixing bowl, along with chopped parsley, crumbled feta cheese and drained and rinsed canned chickpeas.
Pour over olive oil and lemon juice, along with the salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
Stir to combine the ingredients evenly, and serve.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in a refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Omit the feta cheese for a vegan version.
- Feel free to omit, add or substitute any vegetables as you like. Peppers, radishes, shredded carrot, artichoke hearts and spinach are excellent additions.
- Serve the salad as a light meal, or pair it with an entree as a side salad.
Calories: 319kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 812mg | Potassium: 658mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 866IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 132mg | Iron: 3mg