Air Fryer Steak
Cooking steak has never been easier than this air fryer steak recipe. Juicy, tender steak with amazing flavors, cooked to your preferred doneness within minutes.
- 4 steaks
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons coarse black pepper
Preheat your air fryer to 400 °F / 200 °C.
Meanwhile, season your steaks generously with salt and coarse ground black pepper. If your steaks have little or no fat on them, you will also want to marinate them beforehand.
Place the steaks in your air fryer basket. Be careful not to overcrowd the basket; you might have to cook the steaks one at a time, depending on size.
Air fry for about 6-10 minutes, flipping the steaks halfway through cooking.
Insert a meat thermometer into the side of the steak, not touching any bone or fat. The temperature of the meat will determine whether it’s done or not. Remove the steaks when they are 5 °F / 3 °C colder than the desired doneness.
Rare: 125 °F / 52 °CMedium rare: 135 °F / 57 °CMedium: 145 °F / 63 °CMedium well: 150 °F / 66 °CWell done: 170 °F / 71 °C
Leave the steaks to rest off the heat for at least a few minutes before serving them. This will allow them to finish cooking, and the liquids will retract into the meat. This step is key to a juicy, tender steak!
- Make sure to buy a nice cut of steak. This makes a massive difference to the end product.
- Always use a meat thermometer when cooking beef – this way, you’ll ensure a perfect, juicy result every time.
- Season the meat well. You only need salt and pepper, but you want to use quite a lot of it.
- Leftover steak can be stored in a refrigerator for up to 2 days. You can reheat the steaks in a microwave, air fryer or skillet, however keep in mind that they tend to be slightly drier after warming them a second time. Alternatively, you can slice or dice the steaks, and use them in other dishes, such as sandwiches, salads, casseroles and more.
Calories: 470kcal | Protein: 45g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 138mg | Sodium: 1280mg | Potassium: 606mg | Vitamin A: 34IU | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 4mg