Caprese Chicken Sandwich
Try a delicious caprese chicken sandwich for breakfast or lunch. Juicy pesto baked chicken, tomatoes, mozzarella and basil is sandwiched in crusty ciabattas for an Italian style sandwich you will love.
Servings: 4 sandwiches
- 4 ciabattas (or other sandwich bread)
- 2 chicken breast fillets (350 g)
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 ball of mozzarella (125 g)
- 8 leaves of basil
Preheat an oven to 390 °F / 200 °C / 190 °C fan oven.
Spread the pesto on both sides of the chicken fillets, coating them evenly in a thin layer. Place them on a sheet pan covered with parchment paper, and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until the chicken has cooked through.
Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the chicken is all cooked through the middle. The internal temperature should reach 74 °C or 165 °F.
Remove the chicken from the oven, allow it to cool down for a few minutes, then slice it thinly.
Layer the sandwich with sliced chicken, tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and optionally spinach. Enjoy immediately, or store it in a refrigerator until you’re ready to serve.
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the chicken has cooked through. This will help you to achieve perfect, juicy chicken!
- Use high quality bread and produce to give the sandwich the best flavors.
- Ciabattas are a great choice for bread, but you can use your favorite.
- Leftover sandwiches can be stored in an airtight container in a refrigerator for up to 2 days. You may be able to store them for even longer if you store all the ingredients separate, and assemble the sandwiches when you’re ready to eat them.
Calories: 219kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 380mg | Potassium: 355mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 710IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg