Chicken Tikka Kebab
Lean and flavorful, these chicken tikka kebabs are easy to make, taste great and can be made either in an oven or on a grill.
Servings: 4 skewers
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 3 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- 3 teaspoon tikka seasoning
Start by marinating the chicken. Dice the chicken into bite sized pieces, and place them in a container or bag. Add the tikka powder and the Greek yogurt and stir to coat the chicken evenly.
Cover the chicken, and place it in a refrigerator. Leave it to marinate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 4 hours. This will allow the chicken to absorb more of the delicious flavor.
If you are using wooden skewers, you have to soak them completely in water for at least 30 minutes before use. This step is essential, or the skewers might catch fire. This is not needed if you use metal skewers.
Preheat your oven to 450 °F / 230 °C / 215 °C fan oven. Place the skewers on a baking sheet covered tray, and bake them for 5-8 minutes, or until the chicken has cooked through. Turn them after a few minutes to achieve an even result.
Leftover kebabs can be stored in an airtight container in a refrigerator for up to 2 days. You can remove the chicken pieces from the skewers for easy storage.
- Be careful not to overcook the skewers, or the chicken will be dry. You can use a meat thermometer to determine if the chicken has cooked through. Chicken is ready to serve when it reaches and internal temperature of 74 °C / 165 °F.
- If you use wooden skewers, you have to ensure that they are soaked through with water before use, or they could catch fire.
- Be careful when serving metal skewers, as they can be very hot.
Calories: 71kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 70mg | Potassium: 225mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 17IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg