Watermelon Basil Salad
A refreshing and tasty watermelon summer salad with basil, feta cheese, and cucumber. This side dish recipe can be prepared in less than 10 minutes, and is the perfect choice for your summer BBQ!
- 1 English cucumber
- ¼ Watermelon (4 cups diced)
- 2 ounces feta cheese
- ½ lemon (juice only)
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
Dice or slice the cucumber and watermelon into small, bite-sized pieces. Make sure to remove the green rind off the watermelon.
Add the watermelon and cucumber slices to a salad bowl. Crumble feta cheese on top, and add finely sliced basil along with freshly squeezed lemon juice and finely ground black pepper.
Use salad tongs or spoons to combine the ingredients together.
Serve the salad immediately, or store it in the fridge for up to a day.
- Serve the salad immediately, or store in a fridge for up to a day to keep it fresh.
- Feel free to add some olive oil or a light vinaigrette if you prefer to add a salad dressing.
- If you don't have watermelon available, you can use any other melon instead!
Calories: 69kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 83mg | Potassium: 227mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 884IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 1mg