Shredded Beef Tacos
These delicious shredded beef tacos are easy to make in your slow cooker or Instant Pot. Perfect Mexican pulled beef is served in warm tortillas with your favorite taco toppings. A healthy and tasty weeknight dinner!
Servings: 8 large tacos
- 8 tortillas
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 avocados
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 limes
Instant Pot method
On SAUTE mode, saute the beef in olive oil until the meat is golden brown on all sides.
Add the beef stock to the Instant Pot, and use a wooden spoon or spatula to scrape any pieces of meat from the sides and bottom of the pressure cooker.
Seal the lid, and select the PRESSURE COOK or MANUAL setting. Cook on high pressure for 45 minutes.
Perform a quick release to release the pressure. Use two forks or tongs to shred the beef. It should fall apart easily.
Slow Cooker method
Season the beef thoroughly on all sides.
Using a frying pan, heat up the olive oil and sear the beef until golden brown on all sides.
Transfer the meat to a slow cooker or crock pot, and cook on low for 8-10 hours until the beef is fall apart tender. Use two forks or tongs to shred the beef.
Assemble the tacos
Warm up the tortillas in a skillet, oven or microwave according to the package instructions.
Prepare your favorite toppings. Make sure to wash and dice or slice the vegetables you want to use.
Assemble tacos by filling the wraps with shredded beef, followed by your favorite toppings. Serve immediately.
- Store leftover shredded beef separately from the tortillas and toppings, in a refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat before serving.
- Make sure to use a cheap, tough cut of meat, like chuck roast or braising steaks. These will have the best texture when shredded.
- Use your favorite toppings. Cheese, onion, guacamole, and lettuce are great alternatives to the ones suggested above.
- Feel free to use another method to prepare your shredded beef if you want. You can for example make it on the stove, or in the oven.
- The beef can also be substituted with chicken thighs or pork shoulder.
Calories: 464kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 800mg | Potassium: 908mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 919IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 123mg | Iron: 4mg