Gluten Free Turkey Gravy
This easy gluten free turkey gravy is packed with flavor, and made in only 5 minutes. The perfect sauce to serve with roast turkey for Thanksgiving or Christmas!
- 2 cups turkey drippings
- 1 tablespoon sweet rice flour (or cornstarch)
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper (optional)
Add the turkey drippings to a small pot. Bring it to a boil over medium heat on the stove, and reduce it to a simmer.
Combine sweet rice flour and cold water in a small bowl to form a paste.
Add the flour paste to the warm turkey drippings, and whisk. The sauce will thicken quickly.
When the gravy has thickened to your liking, remove it from the heat, and add salt and pepper to taste if required.
- You can use cornstarch or all-purpose flour instead of sweet rice flour if you prefer.
- If you don't have enough turkey drippings, you can add turkey stock, chicken broth or beef stock to make up the amount required.
- If you want to make cream gravy, you can add half and half, heavy cream, milk or creme fraiche towards the end of the cooking time. Add this to taste.
- Make sure to use certified gluten free ingredients. This is often indiciated on the nutritional label on the packaging.
Calories: 57kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 686mg | Potassium: 3mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1IU | Calcium: 1mg | Iron: 1mg