Almond Milk Mashed Potatoes
These almond milk mashed potatoes are the best vegan mashed potatoes I have ever made. They are perfectly fluffy, with a hint of garlic. Serve them with your favorite entree!
- 2 pounds potatoes (Yukon Gold or Maris Piper)
- 4 garlic cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
Peel and dice the potatoes, and add them to a large pot. Cover with water.
2 pounds potatoes
Bring the potatoes to a boil over medium heat, and allow them to simmer until the potato cubes are soft enough to easily pierce with a fork.
Drain off the excess water, and use a potato masher to mash the potato cubes until they are fluffy.
Add almond milk, seasoning and grated garlic to the mash. Adjust these ingredients to taste.
4 garlic cloves, ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- Store leftover almond milk mash in a refrigerator for up to 4 days, or freeze for up to 3 months. Reheat in a microwave or on the stove.
- Omit the garlic if you prefer. You can also add any extra seasoning like nutmeg.
- Ensure that the potatoes are really soft before you start mashing them.
- Make sure to use unsweetened almond milk.
Calories: 184kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 200mg | Potassium: 969mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Vitamin C: 46mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 2mg