Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup
This delicious Instant Pot cauliflower soup is a fantastic appetizer or entree for lunch or dinner. Made in less than 30 minutes, this creamy soup is both quick and easy to make, and can be customized to suit most diets.
Prep Time5 minutes mins
Cook Time10 minutes mins
Time to Pressure10 minutes mins
Total Time25 minutes mins
Keyword: cauliflower, cauliflower soup, easy, instant pot, pressure cooker, vegetarian
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 ½ cup vegetable broth (or water + a bouillon cube)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
Heat up olive oil in your Instant Pot on the SAUTE setting.
1 teaspoon olive oil
Sauté diced onion and finely diced garlic for a few minutes until soft and translucent. Press cancel to turn the pressure cooker off.
1 onion, 3 garlic cloves
Peel and dice the potatoes into 1-inch chunks. Cut the cauliflower into florets.
2 medium potatoes, 1 large head cauliflower
Add potatoes, cauliflower, vegetable stock and seasoning to the Instant Pot. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to scrape the bottom of the pot to loosen up any stuck pieces of onion.
2 ½ cup vegetable broth, ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
Seal the lid, and cook on PRESSURE COOK or MANUAL setting, set the timer to 8 minutes.
Turn the valve to manually release the pressure as soon as the timer is up. Remove the lid.
Use an immersion blender or hand blender to blend the soup smooth.
Optionally, add shredded cheese and cream to the soup. Add any additional seasoning to taste, and serve.
½ cup heavy cream, ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Store leftovers in a refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in a microwave or on the stove top, and serve warm.
- If you don't have an immersion blender available, you can puree the soup in a regular stand blender. You will have to do this in multiple batches to prevent overfilling the blender.
- You can omit or reduce the cheese, cream and potatoes. This will make the soup lighter and better suited for several dietary requirements.
Calories: 325kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 903mg | Potassium: 1164mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 895IU | Vitamin C: 125mg | Calcium: 191mg | Iron: 2mg