Slow Cooker Hunter's Chicken
Slow cooker hunters chicken is an easy and delicious chicken entree that you can make in your Crockpot with minimal effort. Tender chicken breasts are wrapped in bacon, covered with cheese and slow cooked in BBQ sauce.
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 8 strips bacon
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (divided)
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Pour ¾ cup BBQ sauce into the bottom of the slow cooker.
1 cup BBQ sauce
Season the chicken, and wrap bacon strips around them. Place them on top of the BBQ sauce.
4 large chicken breasts, 8 strips bacon, ½ teaspoon pepper, ¼ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Add the remaining ¼ cup BBQ sauce on top of the chicken breasts, and make sure to coat them evenly. Cover with a lid, and cook on high for 3-4 hours, or on low for 6-8 hours.
Transfer the chicken breasts and some sauce to a casserole dish or an oven safe baking dish. Cover with shredded cheese, and place it under a broiler for a few minutes, or cook in the oven at 400 F / 200 C for a few minutes, until the cheese has melted.
½ cup shredded mozzarella
- Store leftover hunter's chicken in a refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat the meat, and serve it warm. You can also dice the chicken and bacon, and serve it in a sandwich or casserole instead.
- To make an easier version of the dish, you can skip the step of broiling the slow cooked chicken. Instead, serve the chicken straight from the slow cooker, topped with shredded cheese.
Calories: 314kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 85mg | Sodium: 1102mg | Potassium: 606mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 318IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 109mg | Iron: 1mg