Pork and Apple Burgers
These juicy pork and apple burgers are made in less than 20 minutes, and only require 5 ingredients. Quick and easy burgers, and a tasty change from traditional beef burgers.
Servings: 4 burger patties (without bun or toppings)
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 apple
- 1 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoons sage
- ¼ teaspoons pepper
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 egg
Grate the apple. Remove the stem and the core.
Combine the ground pork, apple, salt, pepper, sage, egg and bread crumbs in a mixing bowl. Use your hands to mix the ingredients until they are evenly incorporated.
Shape into 4 similar sized burger patties.
Heat up the olive oil in a frying pan on medium to high heat. Cook the burgers for about 5 minutes on each side, until they are slightly brown on the surface, and completely cooked through. You might have to cook the patties in multiple batches, depending on the size of your frying pan.
Serve in a burger bun with your favorite toppings!
- Grill method: Cook the burgers on a grill for about 4 minutes on each side. Be careful not to leave them to burn.
- Oven baked method: Bake in the oven at 400 F / 200 C for 15 minutes, or until they are cooked through.
- Use any regular sized apple. I use Granny Smith.
- Store leftover cooked burgers in a refrigerator for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 6 months.
Calories: 367kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 123mg | Sodium: 262mg | Potassium: 402mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 93IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 2mg