This delicious green pear smoothie is a healthy, easy to make beverage perfect as a refreshment or breakfast alternative.
- 2 cups diced pears (2 large or 4 small)
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 bananas (can use frozen)
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
Dice the pears and bananas, and add all the ingredients to a blender. I like to add the liquids first, then the soft ingredients, then the harder ingredients on top, as I find that this helps the blender to blend more evenly.
Blend for a few minutes, until you have created a smooth mixture. You might have to stop the blender a few times to scrape down the sides.
Pour the pear smoothie into glasses or a jug, then serve!
- Use frozen ripe bananas for extra sweetness, and to ensure that the smoothie is properly chilled.
- The blending is much easier if you add the liquid ingredients first, and the hard ingredients last.
- Leftover green pear smoothie can be stored in a sealed jug or bottle in a refrigerator for up to 2 days. The smoothie will most likely separate over time. If this happens, you simply have to shake the smoothie until it’s an evenly incorporated drink again, then serve.
Calories: 209kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 70mg | Potassium: 777mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 2929IU | Vitamin C: 26mg | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 1mg