Dark Chocolate Almonds
Homemade dark chocolate almonds are easier to make than you’d think, and taste fantastic. Perfect as a healthy snack alternative.
- 1 ½ cup raw almonds (250 g)
- 7 oz dark chocolate (200 g)
Roughly chop or break up the dark chocolate and place the pieces in a microwave safe bowl or container.
Microwave the dark chocolate for 30 seconds, then stir it with a fork. Repeat this with 30 second intervals, until the chocolate is completely melted.
Then, add the almonds to the chocolate. Stir to coat every almond completely in the melted dark chocolate.
Use a fork to separate each individual almond, and place them on a sheet pan or a piece of parchment paper. Try to drain off excess chocolate from each piece.
Leave the almonds to dry until the chocolate is completely solid. Depending on the type of chocolate you use, and the temperature in your room, this could take between 1-8 hours.
Move the chocolate almonds to a container for permanent storage, and enjoy!
- The time it takes the almonds to dry can vary drastically. It could take as little as an hour, or you might want to leave them out overnight.
- Use high quality chocolate from a brand you love.
- Avoid using salted almonds. If you want a salted flavor, you're better off adding some sea salt flakes to the melted chocolate.
- Store the chocolate covered almonds in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Calories: 161kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 195mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 2mg