Tuna Fried Rice
This easy tuna fried rice is packed with flavor and beautiful colors – perfect as a side dish or main course.
- 4 cups cooked rice (945 ml / 750 g)
- 7 oz drained canned tuna (2 145g or 5 oz cans, drained)
- 1 cup frozen peas (150 g)
- 1 cup frozen carrot slices (or use 250 g fresh carrots)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 scallions (spring onions)
Heat up the sesame oil in a wok or skillet on high heat. Add the cooked rice and grated or finely chopped garlic, and stir fry for a few minutes.
Add soy sauce, rice vinegar, drained canned tuna, peas and finely chopped carrots. Stir fry for another few minutes until all the ingredients have cooked through.
Serve the tuna fried rice with chopped fresh scallions, and any other toppings that you like such as sliced chili or roasted sesame seeds.
- Leave the vegetables to sautee enough for them to cook through.
- You must use rice that has already been boiled. You can use freshly cooked rice, or use leftovers from last night’s dinner.
- Make sure you drain the tuna thoroughly before use.
- Store leftover tuna fried rice in a refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat it in a microwave before serving.
Calories: 359kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 317mg | Potassium: 352mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 5711IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 2mg