Mushroom Fried Rice
Mushroom fried rice is a fantastic, easy dish you can make with leftover rice. Perfect to serve as a quick and easy side dish or main course.
- 4 cups cooked rice (600 g / 950 ml)
- 3 cups mushrooms (400 g)
- ½ cup frozen peas (100 g)
- 2 scallions (green onions / spring onions)
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- ½ tablespoon soy sauce
Heat up the sesame oil in a large skillet or wok on high heat. Add sliced mushrooms, and stir fry these until they have cooked through and reduced in size.
Add the cooked rice, rice vinegar, frozen peas, soy sauce and pepper to the wok, and stir fry for a minuted until the rice has warmed through.
Then, add some finely chopped scallions, stir them through, and serve.
You can store leftover fried rice for up to 4 days in airtight containers in a refrigerator. Reheat it in a skillet or microwave, and serve it as quick and easy future meals.
This makes mushroom fried rice perfect for meal prep! You can prepare a big batch, and enjoy it with multiple meals through the week, either as a main course for lunch, or as a side dish with several dinners.
- If you like your fried rice more crispy, you might have to add more oil, and make sure to leave the rice to simmer in the oil to crisp up nicely.
- If possible, avoid using overcooked rice. It tends to become mushy.
- Always make sure to sautee the vegetables before adding any rice. This ensures that they are fully cooked through.
Calories: 302kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 133mg | Potassium: 345mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 198IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg