Chicken Tikka Wraps
These flavorful chicken tikka wraps are perfect as a quick meal for lunch or dinner. Chicken tikka is wrapped in roti with raita, mango chutney and vegetables.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- 3 teaspoon tikka powder
- 4 chapati (or roti)
- 4 tablespoon raita
- 4 teaspoon mango chutney
- ½ red onion
- handful of lettuce
First, prepare the chicken pieces. Dice the chicken fillets into bite sized chunks, and place them in a bowl. Add Greek yogurt and curry powder, and stir to coat evenly.
Cover the chicken, and place it in a refrigerator. Leave it to marinate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 4 hours. This will allow the chicken to absorb more of the delicious flavor.
If you are using wooden skewers, you have to soak them completely in water for at least 30 minutes before use. This step is essential, or the skewers might catch fire. This is not needed if you use metal skewers.
Preheat your oven to 450 °F / 230 °C / 215 °C fan oven. Place the skewers on a baking sheet covered tray, and bake them for 5-8 minutes, or until the chicken has cooked through. Turn them after a few minutes to achieve an even result.
- Be careful not to overcook the skewers, or the chicken will be dry. You can use a meat thermometer to determine if the chicken has cooked through. Chicken is ready to serve when it reaches an internal temperature of 74 °C / 165 °F.
- You can marinate the chicken in your favorite curry powder.
- If you buy rotis or chapatis, they often have to be warmed in a skillet or frying pan before use. This will make them taste much nicer. Check the instructions on the packaging for guidance.
- Leftover chicken tikka wraps can be stored in a container, or wrapped in foil in a refrigerator for up to a day. Over time the flatbread will become soggy, so I don’t recommend storing the wraps for more than a day. However, you can store the ingredients separately for up to 3 days, and assemble the wraps when you’re ready to eat. This will ensure that the wraps have the best possible texture.
Calories: 283kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 362mg | Potassium: 533mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 54IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 1mg