These easy sausage meatballs are made from sausage meat. This makes them really flavorful, without requiring any further ingredients. They are perfect to serve as appetizers, in a sandwich, or with pasta.
Servings: 16 meatballs
- 8 sausages (400 g sausage meat)
- 1 tsp olive oil
If using sausages, you can remove the casings by slicing them length ways and pulling them off.
Mash together the sausage meat in a bowl, and add any extra seasoning if you want.
Roll into meatballs, and set them to the side.
Warm up some oil on medium heat in a skillet or frying pan, then add the meatballs. Make sure not to overcrowd the pan.
Cook the meatballs for 5-7 minutes, while turning occasionally. The sausages should have a nice char all over, and be cooked through.
You can use a meat thermometer to check that the meatballs are cooked, or simply slice one in half and ensure that they are browned and hot throughout.
- Use your favorite sausage meat, or add your favorite seasoning.
- Cook them on medium heat to ensure that the meatballs get a nice char without burning them
- Since sausage meat contains a fair amount of fat, you will probably need less oil compared to cooking regular meatballs
- Leftover sausage meatballs can be stored in an airtight container in a refrigerator for up to 4 days. You can also freeze them for up to 12 months. I like to reheat them in a microwave or skillet and serve the leftovers warm. Frozen sausage meatballs can be thawed in the freezer, then reheated in a microwave, or you can cook them in an oven directly from frozen.