Try this easy homemade blueberry granola with dried blueberries! A healthy and delicious treat that will help you start your morning right.
- 10 oz rolled oats (300 g)
- 7 oz mixed nuts and seeds (200 g)
- 5 oz dried blueberries (150 g)
- ½ cup honey (120 ml)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat your oven to 350 °F / 180 °C / 160 °C fan oven.
Roughly chop any large nuts. Combine the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stir to coat every piece evenly with the honey.
Spread the granola over a baking sheet covered baking tray. You want the grains and nuts to stick together nicely.
Bake the granola in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the grains are slightly golden on the edges.
Remove the granola from the oven, and leave it to cool down completely while it’s still in the baking tray. Then, break it up into bite sized clusters, and move it to an airtight storage container.
After the granola has cooled down to room temperature, you should move it to an airtight container. Store it in your pantry or kitchen cupboard for up to several weeks.
Granola should not be stored in a refrigerator or freezer, as this will make the oats softer, and they will lose their crunch.
- Your oven might not cook exactly like mine, so your granola might take longer or shorter to finish. It’s ready to come out of the oven when the edges are golden.
- It’s important to pack the granola tightly in the baking tray while baking, and to leave it like that while it cools down. This will allow the granola to set in yummy, chunky clusters.
- Allow the granola to cool down before breaking up the clusters and moving them to a container for permanent storage.
Calories: 162kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 179mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1mg