Sheet Pan Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
These sheet pan buffalo chicken quesadillas are super easy, absolutely delicious, and made in less than 20 minutes!
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 250 g cheese
- 7 tortillas
- 1 roma tomato
- cooking spray
- ½ cup Frank's RedHot Original (or other hot sauce)
First, preheat the oven to 180 °C / 355 °F.
Grate the cheese, and finely dice the tomato.
Combine shredded chicken with buffalo sauce and finely diced tomato. Place a baking sheet on a 14″ x 10″ baking tray or sheet pan, and cover the bottom with tortillas.
Drizzle half of the cheese over the tortillas in an even layer. Cover with the buffalo shredded chicken, then the rest of the cheese. Finally, cover the top with another layer of tortillas.
Spray or brush a thin layer of oil to the top of the tortillas. This helps them turn crispy and golden in the oven without drying out.
Bake the quesadillas in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are crispy and golden on the edges.
Can I ditch the tomatoes? – Absolutely. They taste great in the quesadillas, but are optional.
Can I use diced chicken instead? – Yes! Use finely diced or sliced chicken breast if that’s all you have available. Be sure to cook the chicken thoroughly before adding them to the quesadillas!
Here is how you can handle leftover buffalo chicken quesadillas:
- Storing: Store the quesadillas in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Transfer them to a plate, and reheat before serving.
- Freezing: You can also totally freeze quesadillas! Transfer them to a freezer safe container, and freeze for up to 6 months. Thaw them in the fridge overnight, and reheat before serving.
- Reheating: Quesadillas are best served warm! Reheat in a microwave or oven until they are heated through.
Here are my best tips on how to make this dish:
- These quesadillas are PERFECT to use up any leftover shredded chicken. I love to make this with my roast chicken leftovers.
- You can add any extra ingredients that you like in your quesadillas. Try adding diced peppers, onions, black beans or riced cauliflower to change them up a bit.
- Use any cheese that you like. I prefer to use a combination of Monterey Jack, cheddar and mozzarella. Buy a block of cheese and grate it yourself for the ultimate melted deliciousness.
Calories: 392kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 1165mg | Potassium: 279mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 532IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 346mg | Iron: 2mg