Lemon Curd Overnight Oats
These creamy lemon curd overnight oats are the perfect zesty start to your day. Lemon is refreshing, and has plenty of positive health effects. Combined with hearty oats, it’s a delicious breakfast.
- 1 tablespoon lemon curd
- 1 cup rolled oats (100 g)
- 4 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk (240 ml)
Combine all the ingredients in a jar or container with a lid. Give it a stir, then place the oats in the fridge overnight, or for at least 5-6 hours.
When you are ready to eat your oats, stir through them, and serve. Optionally you can add some garnish on top, like fruits, seeds, granola or berries.
Is this recipe allergy friendly? – It is soy free, nut free and egg free. Use gluten free oats for a gluten free version.
Can I make vegan lemon overnight oats? – Absolutely! Use vegan milk and Greek yogurt alternatives for a plant based version of the dish.
- Overnight oats are best made with old fashioned rolled oats. Quick cook oats and steel cut oats just don't get the right consistency.
- Want more lemon flavor? Add some lemon juice along with the other ingredients!
- Serve lemon curd overnight oats cold straight from the fridge, or warm it up in the microwave for 20-30 seconds if you prefer.
Leftover lemon curd overnight oats can be stored up to 5 days in an airtight container or mason jar in the fridge.
Calories: 277kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 94mg | Potassium: 350mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 198IU | Calcium: 192mg | Iron: 2mg