Thai Cucumber Salad
Thai cucumber salad comes together so quick and easily, and is a refreshing side salad to serve with your favorite Thai dishes.
- 1 cucumber
- ½ small red onion
- 3 tablespoon roughly chopped peanuts
- ½ teaspoon fish sauce
- ½ teaspoon agave syrup (or honey or sugar)
- ½ teaspoon rice vinegar
- ½ lime (juice only)
Slice the cucumber and red red onions finely. Add them to a salad bowl with the chopped peanuts.
Combine fish sauce, rice vinegar, lime juice and agave syrup or other sweetener in a small bowl, then pour the mixture over the cucumbers.
Stir to combine the salad, and serve!
Is this recipe vegan? – This can be made vegetarian and vegan by omitting the fish sauce.
Is cucumber salad allergy friendly? – It is gluten free, dairy free, egg free and soy free. The salad contains nuts and fish, both which can be omited to suit your dietary requirements.
Unfortunately, leftover Thai cucumber salad does not keep very well, as the dressing will make the cucumber soft and unappetizing. I highly recommend eating the salad within 5 hours of preparing it.
- Cucumber salad is definitely best served immediately.
- Use English cucumbers – these have less seeds and are more pleasant to eat.
- Slice or dice the cucumbers however you want! For a more impressive look, you can make cucumber ribbons or spirals with a spiralizer.
Calories: 86kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 62mg | Potassium: 195mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 54IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg