Honey mustard pork chops
These honey mustard pork chops are marinated in a lovely sauce, then pan seared to juicy perfection. A simple but delicious main dish that comes together in 10 minutes!
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 3 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 2 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (or other cooking oil)
- pinch of salt
Combine grainy mustard, dijon mustard, honey and salt in a bowl to make a marinade.
Then, brush the marinade over the pork chops, making sure to cover them completely. Leave the pork chops to marinade for at least 30 minutes, or up to 2 hours (or cook them immediately if you don't have time to wait).
Heat some oil or butter in a pan on medium heat, and add the marinated pork chops. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on either side, or until the pork chops have cooked through. The meat should be completely white, and the chops should have an internal temperature of 63 C / 145 F. I use a meat thermometer to check if the meat is done.
Serve honey mustard pork chops while still hot with your favourite sides.
- Avoid cooking honey mustard pork chops on a very high heat, as this can cause the mustard to burn.
- If you’re low on time, you can cover the meat in the marinade and cook it immediately. However, for the best result, I highly suggest leaving the pork chops in the marinade for a few hours. This allows them to absorb move of the good flavour.
- I use boneless pork chops for this recipe. If you use bone-in pork chops, you might have to increase the cooking time.
- Avoid pushing down on the pork chops to squeeze the juices out while cooking. This dries out the meat.
- Make sure to use enough cooking oil in the pan to prevent the pork chops from burning.
Slow cooker method
This recipe can also alterated to make slow cooker honey mustard pork chops. Make the marinade, and coat the pork chops. Add them to a slow cooker, and cook on high for 2-4 hours, or on low for 4-6 hours. Be careful not to overcook them as the meat can dry out.
Oven baked method
Place the marinated pork chops in an oven proof dish, and bake them on 220C / 210C fan oven / 430F for about 15-20 minutes, or until the meat has cooked through.
Leftover honey mustard pork chops can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw and reheat them thoroughly before serving.
Serve honey mustard pork chops with your favourite side dishes. Try mashed potatoes, roasted green beans, brussels sprouts with bacon and maple syrup or honey roasted parsnips.
Or browse through all our side dish recipes.
Calories: 232kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 135mg | Potassium: 500mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg