Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts
These oven roasted honey sriracha brussels sprouts are a complete game changer. Crunchy, spicy and sweet, they make for an absolutely fantastic side dish.
- 14 ounces brussels sprouts (400 g)
- 2 tablespoons honey (or agave syrup)
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
Preheat the oven to 410°F / 210°C / 200°C fan oven.
Brussels sprouts have to be cleaned throroughly before use. Rinse them under running water, and remove any damaged outer leaves. You should also cut off the base of the sprouts, as it has a really bitter flavor.
Slice the brussels in half, and add them to a bowl. Add honey, sriracha, salt and pepper, and stir to coat the sprouts thoroughly.
Transfer the vegetables to a baking sheet, and roast the brussels sprouts in the oven until they are slightly charred and have softened, around 20-30 minutes. They should be soft enough to push a fork through with little resistance.
- Brussels sprouts taste best when served immediately. If you want to prepare the brussels sprouts ahead, you can clean them and add the marinade, then leave in the fridge overnight or until you're ready to roast them.
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. They will lose their crunch when refrigerated, but will still be good!
- Choose a runny honey as they are way easier to work with.
- Make the recipe vegan by replacing the honey with agave syrup.
Calories: 76kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 402mg | Potassium: 386mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 748IU | Vitamin C: 87mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1mg